Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If not MSG...

If not MSG...

How about the Barclays Center in Brooklyn?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    How about the Barclays Center in Brooklyn?

It's going to be rotated. Probably start at Conseco Fieldhouse next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    It's going to be rotated. Probably start at Conseco Fieldhouse next year.
    According to who? Do you really think all these details have been ironed out already?

So says Mike Hunt, the same man that suggested Marquette should be trying to get into the Big Ten. Also, he didn't source anyone in that article. I get the impression he was blowing smoke.

Will they do this rotation until they can decide the best spot for a more permanent location? Seems like you'd build better brand awareness by having it at the same spot every year.

Brooklyn would be my choice if it's not MSG. New arena for a new conference, but still in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    According to who? Do you really think all these details have been ironed out already?
    Marquette's new basketball-centric athletic conference will include 10 or 12 teams, have a reasonable television contract and rotating sites for its league tournament, according to university sources.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Brooklyn would be my choice if it's not MSG. New arena for a new conference, but still in New York.
    Bingo--MSG is still the king but it seems like it would be beneficial for both parties.

No dice - give up MSG and the ACC takes it - hold on to it any way you can.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    No dice - give up MSG and the ACC takes it - hold on to it any way you can.
    Hence the "If not MSG". That would be choice 1a, b and c.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast