Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga says they are interested:

Gonzaga says they are interested:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...eying-big-east

I don't think it is economically feasible unless they come as a basketball only and not all sports, even then it might be a stretch. That being said I think it's interesting that since the news broke about a non-football league that multiple options have popped up for MU, while none of them are the same as the old Big East they aren't all bad if you can find a way to make them work logistically.

I think these are exciting times for Marquette. Sitting back and watching our league fall apart has gotten us no where. It's good that there is evidence to the fans that the Bball schools are being proactive, because there is a lot of opportunity for us to make something great.

Our AD came from Portland, correct? Is it safe to assume he has a close relationship with the Zag's AD? I wonder if they can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    I think these are exciting times for Marquette. Sitting back and watching our league fall apart has gotten us no where. It's good that there is evidence to the fans that the Bball schools are being proactive, because there is a lot of opportunity for us to make something great.
    I agree with this....but I don't really like Gonzaga as part of this mix.

Just curious, why don't you like it? Economics?

I want the best competition available. Period. Gonzaga's one of them, Xavier is one of them, Uconn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, they are some of them. Anything to avoid having ot be in a conference with Dayton and SLU, I'm all for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Just curious, why don't you like it? Economics?

Yeah. And I don't think they have the national cache that people think they do. But the people making these decisions are smarter than me, so if they go ahead and do this, then I'm not going to be vehemently against it or anything...

If you add Zaga then I say you have to go after Creighton too, maybe even Wichita St...

I say you if you add the Zags, you add four from Creighton, UNLV, Wich St., BYU, San Diego St, New Mexico, Zags, or St Mary's. then you go to that four team division idea. 16 teams, four divisions, play home and home with your division, and once vs the rest.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast