Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any updates on mayo?

Well..... If he was in-eligible because he dropped a class and fell below the required 12 credits to be a full time student, I'm assuming the semester ends around the 15th, and as long as he is enrolled for 12 credits for the spring semester ( which makes him a full time student again) he qualifies again under NCAA rules.... And as long as MU approves his return (which buzz maybe already did), then he would know for sure that he will be back after the 15th?

Quote Originally Posted by MUBRACES View Post
    Well..... If he was in-eligible because he dropped a class and fell below the required 12 credits to be a full time student, I'm assuming the semester ends around the 15th, and as long as he is enrolled for 12 credits for the spring semester ( which makes him a full time student again) he qualifies again under NCAA rules.... And as long as MU approves his return (which buzz maybe already did), then he would know for sure that he will be back after the 15th?
    It would be after the 15th as the 15th is the last day for Final Exams. A similar case was when Niv Berkowitz could not play against AZ because MU had a scheduled exam day that date. As for Todd, he thus cannot play or practice until after the 15th and that would be subject to the academic review that IWB has spoken of ( as well as Buzz's OK ). But, first things first as Todd needs to pass his courses with the appropriate grades.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBRACES View Post
    as long as MU approves his return (which buzz maybe already did)
    I don't think this is simply a "Buzz decision". Will not likely know anything for another 2 weeks yet.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Two thoughts on this subject. 1. I would assume Mayo knows what he needs to do to get eligible (GPA, attendance ...). He should have a good feel for where he sits in his classes on those matters. or 2. What would you expect him to say anyway?

One other thing that gives me hope is Todd's recent tweet (I don't remember the date or exact words) to the effect that he looks forward to a new beginning, but this time as "much wiser." If his attitude is much better, and even he seems to admit that his attitude has to improve, I have genuine hope that he will be allowed to return to the team after this semester is over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12