Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any updates on mayo?

Any updates on mayo?

Is he working toward returning after the semester break? Or is this still an unknown return?

Unknown - He has to do very well this semester, and if he does, he may have a shot, but will then have to go under a review, and that will determine whether or not he can return. Still too early to tell.
    Last edited by IWB; 11-29-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Unknown - He has to do very well this semester, and if he does, he may have a shot, but will then have to go under a review, and that will determine whether or not he can return. Still too early to tell.
    Marquette review or NCAA review?

Marquette.

I think this has been a Marquette thing all along. Had new rules not been inacted, Mayo may not have been an academic casualty to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think this has been a Marquette thing all along. Had new rules not been inacted, Mayo may not have been an academic casualty to this point.
    Well, if we are going to go to those lengths, then I would argue that it actually a Mayo thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    If he dropped below the required credit count by the NCAA, how is it a Marquette thing?

Because - The NCAA issue is a current, "this semester" issue. If he performs well enough, it will be MU that decides whether or not they want to give him another shot.

scout's board had a poster that stated he ran into Mayo and he confirmed he would return on Dec 15th FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    scout's board had a poster that stated he ran into Mayo and he confirmed he would return on Dec 15th FWIW
    I don't see how he could say this until his grades are in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast