Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope we can schedule a future series with Louisville

Hope we can schedule a future series with Louisville

I sure hope Larry and Jurich can work out some sort of future series together. The history of Marquette vs Louisville is absolutely incredible.

Just off the top of my head I can think of:

Wardle and Hutchins last second threes to beat Louisville......

Gaines, Garcia, and Smith last second threes to beat us.....

Dameon Mason's last second "and-one" to beat them.....
    A triple overtime game......

Dominic's last second running three to force overtime...

Wade leading us to an epic 20 point comeback win at Freedom Hall.....

I don't want this to just end......ugh

To me, that is the worst thing about all of this conference shuffle crap. I love the tradition and history, in both football and basketball. I love watching the old Oklahoma vs Nebraska game, I love watching the Michigan Notre Dame game, the "old bowl games" and basketball - MU vs Notre Dame, MU vs Louisville.... nothing matters anymore but cash, yet these are supposedly non-for-profit academic institutions.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

You could be recruiting a kid to play football in the Big 10 for Wisconsin and have to tell him that in his 4 years Michigan and Nebraska will not be on the schedule. Or a kid in the other division that Ohio State and Penn State or Wisconsin will never be on the schedule in his 4 years. That is what is becoming too bad.

Basketball, no problem. You can go to 20 teams and still play everyone in the conference every year and then have a tournament. Football, which drives the bus, is where you are losing the rivalry games. Having a kid come to play in the ACC and telling him that Florida State isn't on the schedule for the next 4 years is too bad.

Unfortunately, MU will not be able to play everyone. You only get 11 non-conference dates. Hopefully, 1 will always go to an exempt tournament to get multiple games. With the remaining 10, 3 are taking by the in-state teams. That leaves 7 games, 5 which need to be buy games to raise money and pad the win column. That leaves 2 slots for home and homes.

Quote Originally Posted by mutpm View Post
    Unfortunately, MU will not be able to play everyone. You only get 11 non-conference dates. Hopefully, 1 will always go to an exempt tournament to get multiple games. With the remaining 10, 3 are taking by the in-state teams. That leaves 7 games, 5 which need to be buy games to raise money and pad the win column. That leaves 2 slots for home and homes.
    Right now, 2 are taken by the in-state teams.

3 are Mac, UWM just let MU have this year off to enable MU to skate in the Carrier Classic.

No guarantee that the UWM/UWGB series will continue. MU has to do what it has to do.....IF it needs more slots open for H/H with teams like ND and Louisville it will not even think twice about it and shouldn't.

But as pointed out above, you need the buy games - a couple of non-con losses could be deadly, although with Tulane in, there is another one in the conference W column.

This was kind of my question. Hypothetically, if we played in the A-10 could we make up the SOS by playing a tougher non-conference with more home and homes? Or would we have to play even more buy games due to the lower TV revenues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    3 are Mac, UWM just let MU have this year off to enable MU to skate in the Carrier Classic.
    Have they resigned the contract? Last I heard, it ended last year and a new one had not been agreed upon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast