Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulane to the Big East

Tulane to the Big East

"Per @ScottDKushner, Tulane is holding a 1pm press conference today, expected to be about joining the Big East."

Ugh. I don't understand this at all. Hopefully there's a big plan in place and we aren't just adding schools for the sake of keeping the conference on life support.

This is a joke...right? Football stinks, hoops stinks. Why would they be added?

In my opinion this is a colossal mistake. Tulane? Really? The Big East is hoping schools like Louisville, Cincinnati and UConn stay? See ya, it was nice being in the Big East. Do they need to bring the C-USA logo with them? Is ECU far behind?

Bad basketball program, worse football program. I really don't get this at all.

I would love to know what conference members voted for this... Syracuse? Pitt? Rutgers?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Playing devil's advocate...don't they need to add someone to help influence the ongoing TV negotiations? If not Tulane, then who?

Oh man... This is ugly... What the hell is going on here, honestly?!? TULANE?!? REALLY?!

I'm about to lose my damn mind with conference realignment, I really hope MU can get out, playing the likes of Tulane, SMU, UCF, and Houston is much worse than starting a basketball league.

Adding Tulane could be the final straw that breaks this conference.

This year Tulane football finished with a 2-6 C-USA record and 2-10 overall.
    Last season the basketball team finished 3-13 in C-USA and 15-16 overall.

Exactly what is the Big East adding?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Adding Tulane could be the final straw that breaks this conference.

This year Tulane football finished with a 2-6 C-USA record and 2-10 overall.
    Last season the basketball team finished 3-13 in C-USA and 15-16 overall.

Exactly what is the Big East adding?
    A TV market.

Could this have been the vote that was referenced yesterday? The one that MU voted no to? I really hope that MU is considering the A10 or making a basketball only league now, this has just gotten ridiculous... This new Big East will just cast us into obscurity, we need to break away and save our image.

Uggh. Horrible decision. Remember Marquette playing in front of hundreds of fans at Tulane back in the C-USA days.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast