Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulane to the Big East

I think the basketball and football schools need to negotiate and amicable break up should two or more schools leave for the ACC. There really isn't much reason to hold onto this hybrid model outside of money, and finding a good split of NCAA credits and buyout $$ should be satisfactory. This isn't the BE that MU joined.

This makes little sense, but we don't have all the facts yet. Who else is leaving? Where are we at on the TV contract? Would some TV execs want Tulane? Who voted to allow these teams in? They must know something. At least I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I have started and then stopped typing a post several times. I cannot figure this out. If we are in this version of the BIG EAST for the long haul, I am concerned. If this is the prelude to a restructuring and maybe the BBall only conference while first collecting a whole bunch of cash from departure fees and NCAA credits--then smart play. I will say that the new commissioner does not seem to be any more visionary than the old commissioner--at least right now there is no evidence of bold new leadership.

Gato, I have been saying this for awhile...there really isn't much the BE can do. It is behind the rest of the BCS conferences in the pecking order. An ACC school would be insane to leave them before everything crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    This makes little sense, but we don't have all the facts yet. Who else is leaving? Where are we at on the TV contract? Would some TV execs want Tulane? Who voted to allow these teams in? They must know something. At least I hope!

I watch a lot of college football. I cannot recall the last time I watched Tulane. People in New Orleans don't even watch Tulane.

This is truly makes no sense. If we were just looking for money and then dissolve after or have the bballs keep the names then why keep adding memeber's?

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Several have mentioned this and I still do not understand it. Does getting Chicago State get the Chicago market for someone? No. Tulane has almost as much interest in Wisconsin for their sports as they do in New Orleans. As someone said before me, this is an LSU city and state. It starts and ends with LSU.

Maybe if MU leaves, the Big East will sign on UWM to lock up the Milwaukee market.

East Carolina joining for Football only per reports. Maybe it's already been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Several have mentioned this and I still do not understand it. Does getting Chicago State get the Chicago market for someone? No. Tulane has almost as much interest in Wisconsin for their sports as they do in New Orleans. As someone said before me, this is an LSU city and state. It starts and ends with LSU.

Maybe if MU leaves, the Big East will sign on UWM to lock up the Milwaukee market.
    Thats about the size of it all...

When Louisville or UConn leave, since we are only adding ECU for football, can we expect to add a non football school like Xavier, Butler, or Creighton. I know, I know, the A10 is more stable. Seeing the way things are going, I bet it will be SLU. I'm starting to warm up to that national basketball conference idea.

Hell, I bet Ledaryl Billingsley can't even remember the last time he watched Tulane.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast