Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12.1 Northern Iowa

12.1 Northern Iowa

Oh lord is this going to be a rough one.

Milwaukee vs. UNI
    Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    7:00 pm central
    TV: ESPN3
    Radio: 1130 WISN

Predictions? This should be fun:

Score?
    Panther MVP?
    Three keys?

57-56 Milwaukee

MVP: Paris Gulley, but JO hits the buzzer-beater to win the game.

Keys:

1. Paris gets back into gear rather rapidly.

2. Continued improvement in post-perimeter points balance.

3. Continued growth and more minutes from Evan and JJ. Rider game was step in right direction for both.

Of course my prediction assumes Paris will be back. I have no inside info that he will be, just wishful thinking based on past reports.

Milwaukee 64
    Northern Iowa 60

MVP: Kyle Kelm
    Why? I cite a movie reference. In Days of Thunder, Tom Cruise wrecks at Daytona, comes back in a funk, and doesn't come all the way back until he races at Daytona again. Northern Iowa is Kyle Kelm's Daytona, the place where he got hurt and had his rhythm thrown off. Saturday the monkey comes off his back.

3 keys:

1. Hopefully Paris is back.

2. Evan expands on his game last sunday, or at the very least a repeat performance.

3. Meetch continues to improve in the post, and makes more FTs than he misses. He showed vs. Davidson he can do it, even in crunch time.

I'd like to see the team play stronger defense.

My prediction:

Northern Iowa-1,000
    Milwaukee-0

Nothing will change, as has always been the case. The coaching staff will once again ill=prepare the players, and nobody will have good answers in the post-game interviews. Ugh...

If Milwaukee loses by more than 20 I'd be surprised.

I will be honest Milwaukee will win this game the final score of 72-65. The offense will get rolling again, if Paris Gulley plays then I expect him to be MVP with 15 Pts, 5AST, and 3RBS, 1Steal. If he does not play, then Jordan Aaron will lead the way. This will be his breakout game 22Points, 8AST, 2Boards, and 2 steals, with 3 Turnovers.

Three keys: 1. Getting the damn ball in the pain! Lets establish a post presence, or if not lets attack the damn rim, quit settling for 3's drive, get fouled, worse come to worse you get blocked who cares. But, we need the offense to get rolling. Kyle, James, Ryan, Demetrius, etc.
    2. Transition Defense, it will be important for us to get back and not let them get any type of numbers in transition. Of a miss, get back on D nothing easy they need to play aggressive, and with authority.
    3. Cut off the Turnovers & More Rebounds. We will lose if we turn the ball over more then 10 times PERIOD. We need to crash boards, second chance opportunities, that will give us the best chance to win!
    LETS GO PANTHERS GET BACK ON TRACK!

*Paint I meant not pain! haha

We need to play a more balanced game if we are gonna win this game. I know its hard to get the ball in the paint when you cant spread things out because you arent hitting threes (like in the last few games) But when we have been hitting threes thats all we try to do. Once we hit a few we need to balnce our attac with inside play as well. If they see us making shots from the peremiter it makes getting the ball inside so much easier because they have to play honest. In the last few games out three ball had suffered and they have been able to crowd the paint and make scoring inside almost impossible. Not every game can be like the USC game. We cant live and die by the 3 if we want to win games.
    School of Architecture - Class of 2016
    "Dressed in the Panther's skin, the Ass spread terror far and wide" #FireBraun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast