Don't know what happened here, I was in Iowa all week with limited access and was sure i responded to this thread and don't see any post from me.

Anyway, no was this is legal. For example - MU hosts recruits at Marquette Madness. If fans hold up signs that read "Johnny Walker come to MU!!", technically, according to the NCAA the MU staff is supposed to identify them and remove them.

Above it someone says, "BYU is printing up shirts"..... I am sure that is wrong, I am sure it is an alum that is doing it because schools can't even print up a uniform for the kid or put his name on a scoreboard during his recruiting visit. (teams used to take them into the empty arena and have their name introduced in the starting lineup)

Now if an alum spends his own cash printing up t-shirts, there is nothing you can do to stop him, but you are supposed to have those removed if they show up at a game, but if there are thousands of them at a game, that would be impossible to enforce.

Either way, with them making this much news, the NCAA and BYU need to 'try' to do something to stop it.