Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expansion...ACC is no more according to this site.

The guy is known for being "out there."

That's probably the best possible scenario for us. The ACC falls apart and BC, Pitt and Syracuse come crawling back to the Big East with Duke and Wake.

I wonder if we told Boise and whomever else to go back to the Mt West so that we can make this ACC/Big East merger a more viable option. What teams are left? Someone help me out.
    Football
    Memphis
    UConn
    Temple?
    UCF
    USF
    Cincy
    SMU
    Houston
    BC
    Wake
    Duke
    Pitt
    Cuse
    Basketball
    Marquette
    Gtown
    Nova
    Providence
    DePaul
    St John's
    Seton Hall

Take the ACC TV deal and the Garden for the Tourney. I'd hate to lose Louisville, but I'd be happy to gain Duke, Wake, BC, Pitt and Cuse. It would be ironic that the fall of the ACC was ultimately caused by poaching Cuse and Pitt in the first place. Also, this is essentially the old Big East again, plus MU, Cincy, Duke, and Wake along with random teams. Even if you keep Sand Diego St and Boise for football, they could have their Championship game.

It actually seems realistic, except for the fact that he has the Big 10 adding 3 more teams. Why would they add three more, giving them 17? Send Ga Tech to the Big 12 instead of Louisville.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Why the ? after Temple?

A total of 20 teams for basketball? That's hard to imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Why the ? after Temple?

A total of 20 teams for basketball? That's hard to imagine.
    I don't follow college football that closely. Actually, I don't watch at all now, since football is driving all of this craziness. I don't know if Temple plays football or not, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

We play 18 conference games right now, right? Is it unreasonable to add one more conference game? That's an honest question. I don't know the answer.

IWB,

I'd love to see this happen, but I'm guessing it would be more likely, should all those teams leave the ACC, that the ACC would take its core of five schools - Duke, Wake, BC, Syracuse, and Pitt - and poach UConn, Memphis, Cinci, Temple, and maybe Louisville from the BE. It seems to me that for those five present BE schools, a 10-team ACC with all-sports would be more palpable than a 20+ team Big East with teams in Texas and Florida as well as the hoops schools.

That would be my fear. The ACC might even pick up the two Florida schools to get to 12.

Regardless, it's a frickin' mess.

While it would be poetic justice/karmic payback should the ACC implode and cease to exist, I just don't see it happening. I think the more likely scenario is the demise of the
    BE.

i sound bitter but i really, really hope the ACC is destroyed

ACC and BEast are in a staring contest...will the "poachable" schools stand pat and facilitate a merger, or will they flinch and go to the ACC, thus killing the BEast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast