Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreshadowing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey, Juan can at least knock down a jumper. That is something EWill couldn't do. I think the progress from year one to year two is what's most encouraging.

Agreed, and that's why I'm even more pumped for next year, another off season to progress together and we could be pretty scary.

I think the reason Juan starts is is to allow Buzz to bring in Jamil and Davante togehter at the first substituion at the 16 minute mark. Jamil is more effective with Davante as we saw last year at mid-season before Davante went down.

I haven't been impressed with Juan. He is okay but gets lost on defense and gets himself in trouble on offense. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he missed the offseason. Still, his court sense is a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    I haven't been impressed with Juan. He is okay but gets lost on defense and gets himself in trouble on offense. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he missed the offseason. Still, his court sense is a bit disappointing.
    He missed a heck of a lot of time with injuries - the preseason last year, later during the season and then virtually all offseason. You may not think that matters, but for all that time, I would not write him off like you. I see the athleticism and skill set - much greater than EWilliams, but you seem him as an EWilliams. I would question your judgment more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    He missed a heck of a lot of time with injuries - the preseason last year, later during the season and then virtually all offseason. You may not think that matters, but for all that time, I would not write him off like you. I see the athleticism and skill set - much greater than EWilliams, but you seem him as an EWilliams. I would question your judgment more than anything.
    Wow, I never said any of that. He doesn't remind of EW at all. He is more like Nnamaka (sp?). I also didn't say I gave up on him, only that his court sense seems to be lacking a bit. I think ST will pass him up because ST is a more talented player. That's all.

Wow, I never said any of that. He doesn't remind of EW at all. He is more like Nnamaka (sp?). I also didn't say I gave up on him, only that his court sense seems to be lacking a bit. I think ST will pass him up because ST is a more talented player. That's all.
    You are correct, I misread the initial point of yours. You did not compare the two. I apologize for the error on my part. That said, your comment about EWill and JA sure does read more towards what I state than what you write in the post above.

Why are you bringing ST into the topic? I like ST and his potential, but if you are questioning court awareness ... It is obvious that you are not impressed with JA. That is where you completetly lose me and I question your judgment.

I have mixed impressions of JA at this point.

When I watched video of him his senior year in high school, he seemed really smooth. I was most impressed with his passing skills and his ability to get the ball to open teammates. He seemed to let the game come to him.

The Juan I've watched so far this season seems to be trying to force things. At times he appears somewhat stiff, even semi-robotic. In short, I get the impression he is thinking too much rather than just feeling the game.

I may be way off base on this. But he does not seem to be playing relaxed.

I still like JA's energy. However, I'd like to see him slow down a bit. What's that saying - "play quick but don't hurry." something like that.

Seriously?

He's been one of our best players. You must be hard to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Seriously?

He's been one of our best players. You must be hard to impress.

He's been surprising, but "one of our best players?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast