Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foreshadowing?

Foreshadowing?

Interesting allocation of minutes today.

Juan starts but gets 7 minutes.

Davante gets 24 and Chris 16.

Junior gets 32 and Derrick 9.

The two frosh get 1 minute and 0 minutes, respectively, while Jake gets 22 (23?).

I realize each game is different - match ups, foul trouble, hot hand, etc. But is this kind of a precursor of what we're going to see in close games?

If so, I'm more than a bit surprised that JT is getting so many minutes and ST so few.

The differentials between CO and DG at the 5 and JC and DW at point are pretty much what I'd anticipated as average mpg. And I figured JA would likely be ninth man or tenth in terms of playing time.

I don't want to read too much into one contest, but it's pretty hard not to notice how many minutes Jake got and how few Steve received.

Buzz is starting to tighten the rotation - with CO2 and Davante playing so well, and Buzz utilizing 3 wings, you will see Jamil and Juan at the PF more often, limiting Steve's minutes. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Steve to ever get that few, but he will be behind Jamil & Juan for the most part.

I can't believe Juan played so little. He's looked really good this whole tournament whenever he was on the floor.

Agree on Juan... A buddy and I were talking while watching the game and discussing how incredibly bright the future is for this team. We have a lot of potential these next few years if we can hold everyone together and Buzz stays. It's really exiciting to see. With us likely only losing Mayo, Lockett, and Jr. This offseason I think we could be primed for a real big year next year.

Steve didn't play due to the ankle injury from the Mississippi State game. He was moving around ok, but said it really hurt this morning.

Steve will pass up Juan shortly. Eric Williams started too, for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    I think Steve will play, as Juan will play some at the 3, but JA is no Erik Williams. He can play some, and would be the second or third best player on some teams a few years back. SC had two seven footers, so it dictated a full 40 minutes from our true 5's, but I think we go quick at times with Jamil/Taylor at 5 and JA/Jamil at the 4. As long as Blue is okay, I am becoming pretty excited about this group's potential.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    Not based on what they've shown on the court so far. Juan is light years ahead of Steve right now. Light years.

Juan has an annoying tendency to lose his guy on defense now and then. Jake Thomas is out there because he is smart, but he simply can't score at this level. 22 minutes yesterday and no points. It would be nice to have Todd back eventually to take those minutes.

Juan may be the biggest surprise to me this year. I don't see him in any ways compared to Erik Williams. Juan is much better and when he is out there is very active and makes things happen. Not sure how his shoulder is holding up. That could be why Buzz is limiting him a bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast