Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conference realignment talk is interuppted for MU game...

And Wilson just tries to block a 7 footers layup after bad communication between Jwil and Thomas.

Jake Thomas picks a hell of a time to get into the scoring column.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Tough way to lose.

A tough loss. Junior needed to make that FT to give MU a 3 point lead and Butler has to inbound with no TOs. Jake earned his scholie on that putback.

Feel a bit better about the team as whole, as both us and Butler look much better then their awful performances last Tuesday. Still, this was a win we really could have used, and may become doubly painful if Butler beats UNC (who I think is vulnerable). My one major qualm is the lack of Otule on defense at the end, as we could have used a rim protector on some of those late possessions. Painful loss, a game we should have won, with the slight comfort that the team is at least better then they looked against SELA and should have not a Nova/Pitt type season from last year.

A tough loss, a really painful loss. Here are the bad things about it...
    1. Lost chance at quality win.
    2. Will lose good teams on schedule by not winning.
    3. Played well enough to win, and still didnt win....

Good things:
    1. I think Vander is going to be a better player this year.
    2. Junior is going to be a better player.
    3. And thats about it right now.

Very concerned about JWil. He looked really hesitant out there. At the 1 minute mark or so, he faked a hand off on the wing, spun and had a wide open lane to the rim....

And did nothing.....

We need him to attack that rim and score or be fouled. Also little or nothing on the boards and couldn't keep his guy from penetrating...

He did that late in the second half too.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast