Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference Re-Alignment predictions...

MT @AdamZagoria: MT @JFowlerCBS: ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, USF & Cincinnati about 14th team to replace MD, source told @CBSSports

Also, I hope our administration isn't thinking like you. "That will never happen, so let's not even discuss our options." The fact is that when Pitt and Cuse bolted, a Nova and Gtown applied to get in the ACC. I hope we are being proactive. I hope we are making an alliance with Cincy and Louisville. I hope we are at least making back room talks with the ACC, Big Ten, and Big 12. Every other school appears to be doing it. Why should we just sit and wait to see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Also, I hope our administration isn't thinking like you. "That will never happen, so let's not even discuss our options." The fact is that when Pitt and Cuse bolted, a Nova and Gtown applied to get in the ACC. I hope we are being proactive. I hope we are making an alliance with Cincy and Louisville. I hope we are at least making back room talks with the ACC, Big Ten, and Big 12. Every other school appears to be doing it. Why should we just sit and wait to see what happens?
    They may have applied and as of yet, I haven't seen their name coming up. Villanova and Georgetown both have lower level football programs and that sets them apart from MU.

If these major conferences expand with basketball schools, MU will be one of the first 5 schools mentioned. I just don't anticipate basketball schools being added at this point. Marquette can lobby all it wants and what they can do is keep their options open.

No football school was making alliances with MU... Just wasn't happening. We have no power or worth here, we are just waiting for all the haves to sort out what they want and then hopefully we can make the best of what is left.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    No football school was making alliances with MU... Just wasn't happening. We have no power or worth here, we are just waiting for all the haves to sort out what they want and then hopefully we can make the best of what is left.
    Sadly, this is spot on. We have no leverage on anyone and are merely spectators.

And you know that how? I could see the ACC adding Nova and Gtown. Why not the Big 12? If you don't want to discuss this option, simply skip over it.

Do I know for an absolute fact that the Big 12 isn't going to invite Marquette? No. However I see no indications whatsoever that the big football conferences have any interest in any members that don't play football. None.

I'm sure they are being proactive. But there is only so much that they can really do. An alliance with Cincy and Louisville will break apart as soon as one of them is invited to the B12 or ACC. Do you think either is going to hold out for their buddy Marquette to get an invitation as well???

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Do I know for an absolute fact that the Big 12 isn't going to invite Marquette? No. However I see no indications whatsoever that the big football conferences have any interest in any members that don't play football. None.
    I have an MU buddy in NYC area and he is hearing SJU and G-Town to the ACC rumors being reported by the Daily News.

Louisville and Cincy are too busy trying to get into the Acc to make any sort of alliance with MU.

If they did make an alliance it would look something like this...."If we can't get into the Big 12, The ACC or any other football conference that might have us we would be happy to keep playing hoops in a conference with MU"........

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I have an MU buddy in NYC area and he is hearing SJU and G-Town to the ACC rumors being reported by the Daily News.

No those aren't rumors. That was a speculative article written by the Daily News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1203850

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast