Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference Re-Alignment predictions...

I could see Louisville, UConn and Cincinnati all lobbying to get into the ACC, especially UConn and Louisville. Maybe the Big 12 expands and Cincy joins West Virginia? I'm not sure how the other Big East schools are viewed by these conferences, so I'm just throwing it out there.

1. Why didn't Syracuse go to the Bigtenelevenetwelvethirteen when it had the chance? Rutgers is a joke athletically and Syracuse can bring more positives.

2. FSU and Clemson go to SEC, UConn will go to ACC, by necessity. Will Carolina stay in the ACC? Seriously. Rumors about them leaving.

3. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

This is what should happen. Memphis, Nova, Gtown, MU, Cincy, Temple, Xavier, Seton Hall, St John's Houston, SMU, UCF for all sports. Add Mountain West for Football only. That's still a good hoops conference. Football would still be attractive for Cincy and Louisville, since they have no where else to go. Play non conference games vs Moutain West schools. Add BYU back to the MountainWest and let them keep BYUtv.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    1. Why didn't Syracuse go to the Bigtenelevenetwelvethirteen when it had the chance?
    Because they never had that chance.

New thought with Dodds help: How about MU, DePaul, Cincy, and Louisville go to the Big 12?

Florida State goes to the Big 12. Big 12 then considers either Georgia Tech or Clemson with the preference being Georgia Tech (Atlanta and state of Georgia).

ACC brings in UConn to replace Maryland. If Fla State leaves who knows - Louisville would love to go.

ACC becomes North Carolina schools and the former Big East (Miami, Va Tech, BC, Syr, ND, Pitt, UConn, etc).

Future - this all backfires on ESPN.

Big 10 - in 2017 first tier rights leave ESPN and go to Fox Sports (who own half of BTN).
    SEC looking at their own network.

ACC, who ESPN bet on while trying to crush the Big East, becomes ESPN's major college football property and they are regarded on second tier level with Big East / Mac / Mountain West / CUSA.

SEC holds at current number - 14
    Big 10 holds at current number - 14
    Big 12 moves back to Big 12, but only if that includes Florida State and another.
    Pac 12 stays at Pac 12.

If Forida State leaves the ACC, it does become the Big 4 conferences and ACC and Big East are back on the same level, where they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    New thought with Dodds help: How about MU, DePaul, Cincy, and Louisville go to the Big 12?
    Why would they want to share money with basketball only schools - and if so why DePaul and MU?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    They aren't going to take basketball schools. I'm not sure why it keeps being brought up.

Make a deal that they don't share football money. Wasn't there something like that with the Big East? I could see Nova and Gtown to the ACC. To stabilize the conference, the Big 12 wants to add Louisville and Cincy. Those two schools insist they bring us. We bring a great hoops tradition and our other sports are strong. DePaul brings the Chicago market. It becomes the best Bball conference, and one of the two best football conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    They aren't going to take basketball schools. I'm not sure why it keeps being brought up.
    And you know that how? I could see the ACC adding Nova and Gtown. Why not the Big 12? If you don't want to discuss this option, simply skip over it.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast