Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Conference Re-Alignment predictions...

I agree, but the ACC would have quite a large chip lead at this point... seems like they are going to have to pull off multiple all-ins just to get even. If the Big-East survives this in anything more than a C-USA remake it will become a NY Times best selling book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Actually, they can control the money right now as they are in the midst of a negotiation.

The ACC has a contract in place. For every team they bring in, everyone's slice of the pie gets smaller.

If someone like NBC really wants the Big East, work with them and say, "Ok, we will try to get Syracuse and Pitt back, what will you do if we accomplish that? Ok, then what if we can lure Boston College and Duke?" etc etc

The Big East is in an open negotiation, and can work with the bidders the same way that ESPN worked with the ACC to get Syracuse and Pitt.

Be proactive and play the game instead of sitting back and waiting for them to pick you apart. If it doesn't work, at least you tried to do something, as opposed to nothing.

There is no way NBC, Fox, ABC, ESPN, anybody, negotiates with the present Big East. There are too many question marks, too many variables. Negotiations will wait until everything shakes out.

It is possible that GTown, Nova, and/or St. Johns is/are looking to join the ACC. That, by the way, is MU's worst case scenario as it undermines the likelihood, as well as the quality, of a potential hoops league as a viable option.

What I don't get is why Providence and Seton Hall would also vote to dissolve. They are not candidates for the ACC. My only thought is that these five Eastern schools have a plan involving other hoops schools from the A-10, especially those on the East Coast, and MU and DePaul may not be part of that concept. If I'm right, I can see why. DePaul brings little, if anything, to the table in terms of a quality basketball program. Chicago is a major market, but the Demons have little fan following.

I would be shocked if there have not been a whole lot of backroom discussions between the Hoyas, Wildcats, and even Red Storm powers that be with a number of possible outcomes on the table. And I have no doubt whatsoever that the Eastern basketball schools in the present Big East and the A-10 would shut out MU and DP in a heartbeat.

The bottom line is that no one has MU's back in all this. We have no advocates. That is sad, but it is also true. Having DP in the same leaky boat is no consolation at all. In fact, it makes everything even more depressing.

Call me paranoid if you want, but as the saying goes, it's not paranoia if someone is out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by KMWTRUCKS View Post
    No idea if any of this is True:

This does not sound good: https://twitter.com/MHver3

sounds like we have no options at this point if we were the only BBALL to say no. bummer. Sounds like Ville and UCONN are both still in play for ACC.

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
    Depaul and Marquette only non-fb to vote no.

7m MHver3 ‏@MHver3
    So I was wrong earlier. BE not dead yet! Key word. Yet

8m MHver3 ‏@MHver3
    St Johns and GT Introduced a vote to dissolve the BigEast today. They were 2 votes short of the 2/3 needed. 3 schools were no shows.
    I can confirm that the info in the reported tweets are false, and no such vote took place.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011