Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article on Wilson and Burton

Wow, I didn't realize that Burton's mom was sick and that's why he came back to Milwaukee last year.

I think this article shows just how important Buzz is to Marquette... Players don't just grow up dreaming of Marquette, in this state it's all about UW... We need a man like Buzz who can change those kids minds and keep them home or pull them out of other states.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    I think this article shows just how important Buzz is to Marquette... Players don't just grow up dreaming of Marquette, in this state it's all about UW... We need a man like Buzz who can change those kids minds and keep them home or pull them out of other states.
    Great point, that is what stood out for me as well. Neither wanted to go to MU, and both indicated they wanted to go to college out of state. Then they got to know Buzz and the rest is history. That speaks volumes for Buzz and why we need to make sure he is our coach for a long, long time.

IMO, both Duane Wilson and Deonte Burton will start as freshmen next year as these two guys are studs. However, that is a longgggggggggggggggg way off and I am more concerned with this year right now.

All Hail Buzz!

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    IMO, both Duane Wilson and Deonte Burton will start as freshmen next year as these two guys are studs. However, that is a longgggggggggggggggg way off and I am more concerned with this year right now.

All Hail Buzz!
    I don't think Duane will start over Derrick.

I commented to Alex that all I want for this years team is to make the NCAA; with the team coming in next year I just want our NCAA streak to continue

Anyone forwarding this article to Mr. Notre Dame?

I would be surprised if any freshman start next year... I see Derrick Wilson, VB, Jamil Wilson, Juan, and O'Tule as starters... With Gardner first off the pine. Jake Thomas will likely play good minutes also. I think we gotta remember as good as these guys can become, they will all be freshman... Plus Juan has looked like he is ready to contribute so I think he is going to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Anyone forwarding this article to Mr. Notre Dame?
    Digger Phelps?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast