USF

WEST
    Boise State
    Houston
    Memphis
    SDSU
    SMU
    Temple

So we have a Big East East and a Big East West...and Temple is in the West.

BTW, I found out that Temple being in the west was a condition for their admittance to the conference.

As far as football quality, what conference can you compare it closest too?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    As far as football quality, what conference can you compare it closest too?
    I would say the ACC.....Boise= Florida State, Louisville=Clemson.......all the others are pretty mediocre

There is a lot of improvement that needs to be done to make this a sexy football conference. You might as well call the divisions the real big east and the replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Drbchilds View Post
    I would say the ACC.....Boise= Florida State, Louisville=Clemson.......all the others are pretty mediocre

I think the ACC is better...not by much...but better when you consider Virginia Tech. The other problem is that the BE has some real bad football teams....the bottom is weaker than the ACC's.

So I would say that it is sixth among the conferences....behind the ACC, ahead of Mountain West.

Is that "The Real Big East" though? I think you can only say that about UConn, and didn't they just become a DI A team recently? As far as a Sexy football conference, I think you can only say that about the SEC and the Big 12. Then again, I'm no where close to being the college football fan like I am basketball.

I would tend to agree with the statement that the ACC is better top to bottom... And if Miami ever gets its sh*t together they could be a huge piece.

That being said the Big East has potential and just needs to sustain some teams in the top 25 for a few years to get a better perception. Heck if you ask a lot of people which program is a better football program between Miami and Rutgers I'd bet 9 or 10 out of 10 unbiased people would say Miami... It's all about perception... SMU and Houston may have had good years last year, but has anyone heard anything about them this year? The Big East has got to get some programs to be in the top 25 year in and year out to create the perception that its a tough league... Having years of a few middle of the road teams and then a few pushovers is not going to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    Is that "The Real Big East" though? I think you can only say that about UConn, and didn't they just become a DI A team recently? As far as a Sexy football conference, I think you can only say that about the SEC and the Big 12. Then again, I'm no where close to being the college football fan like I am basketball.
    B10 is made up of large state schools that will have a huge following because of their graduate base and ties to the state, (see Wisconsin fans that never attended UW but grew up rooting for them because everyone else did)... And the P12 is the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWilliams4Pres View Post
    There is a lot of improvement that needs to be done to make this a sexy football conference. You might as well call the divisions the real big east and the replacements.
    How about Leftovers and Replacements....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast