Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joel Embiid to announce decision....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Kansas didn't bite MU, someone else did.

Paint touches tweet?

Nope .
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Nope .
    Well then it must be Bo Ryan.

Nope .
    Did Buzz tell JoJo not to bother since he's gone after this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephys View Post
    Did Buzz tell JoJo not to bother since he's gone after this year?
    Definitely not that. I'll let Jim or others chime in on the real reason if they please, but most definitely not that.

No way that is the reason.....if it were why would Buzz have tried so hard to get him? Why would he have just won a difficult recruiting battle for JJ?
    Think about it....if any school had a coach who would do that he would be fired on the spot and for good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Definitely not that. I'll let Jim or others chime in on the real reason if they please, but most definitely not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    No way that is the reason.....if it were why would Buzz have tried so hard to get him? Why would he have just won a difficult recruiting battle for JJ?
    Think about it....if any school had a coach who would do that he would be fired on the spot and for good reason.
    Yes, and no way was Buzz half-assing with the effort he put in on JJ and Embiid. And we got 1 of the 2, which is a pretty good return rate for schools not named Kentucky or one with the open checkbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I read Bocephys' post to read that maybe Embiid has plans to be 'one and done"...not Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by BLT View Post
    I read Bocephys' post to read that maybe Embiid has plans to be 'one and done"...not Buzz
    No, it was a tongue in cheek comment about Buzz since the real information clearly wasn't about to be leaked here. Interesting thought about Embiid though, but I can't imagine we would have spent all of the time and resources on him if Buzz truly felt Jojo wasn't prepared to work to be a part of the program. Unfortunate we couldn't land him, but Buzz is getting closer and closer to landing a true blue chip style recruit.

Ahh the perks of an insiders membership... If you want the answer you just gotta join up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast