Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haunted Hoops Intrasquad scrimmage

Trent Lockett reminds me a lot of Joe Chapman.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Trent Lockett reminds me a lot of Joe Chapman.
    Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Juan was excellent last night. Matched up with Jamil and quite simply outplayed him.
    Vander showed exactly why the NBA scouts are intrigued.
    Otule is a half hook away from being very good.
    Lockett is a bit slow of foot. Maybe injured but he could not cover our guards last night.
    Juan is going to see the floor. His offense will determine how many minutes he actually gets.

[QUOTE=MUFAN2003;12682]Great event:

(2) Vander Blue was the best player on the floor

Buycks was aften also the best player on the floor in these scrimmages and the Pro Am. Lets not get too excited too fast. He will continue to excel against our weaker opponents when he can get out in the open court. Hopefully, this year he wont disappear against to better defenses and Big East schedule. Would really help to have a perimeter shot to keep people honest.

To his credit, Blue was 3/3 from deep. Buycks never had a problem hitting shots at any level. I'm a lot more encouraged by Blue hitting shots (and more so having a consistent high release point) than I would be a guy like Dwight who was always a pretty solid shooter.

I never really "worried" about Buycks per se. He seemed to play in control on the structured games. But thrived in the open court playground style Vander thrives in also. My worry with Vander is that he has his moments where offensively he tries to force his game and not let it come to him. He is one of those players where is defense truly should feed his offense. Just not a great creator in the half court. Buycks could create a shot for himself, nice cross over and pullup jumper. Hopefully Vander keeps working towards that.

Vander Blue may never be a good 3-point shooter. Dwyane Wade was never a good 3-point shooter either, never really shot 3's for that matter (not trying to compare D Wade to Vander Blue). If Vander can master the midrange game and be a more consistent finisher after beating his defender off the dribble, he will score plenty of points for us this year. Last year, Vander Blue could get in the lane at will but would not always finish. If reports are correct, Buzz Williams has been working with Vander Blue on finishing from all different angles in the paint. He looked great Friday night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123