Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doping in basketball - Do you think there is any?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Take baseball. Right now the HGH type drugs are banned. Problem is, they are very difficult to identify in a test.
    I'd like baseball to incorporate into their agreement with the players, that if in three years (for example) we find a great HGH test, we will then go back to the date it was determined that HGH was banned and we will again test every sample to determine if HGH was present.

Problem is baseball players (and other athletes) know that chemists are ahead of the game, so taking some banned drugs are not that much of a risk for detection. If there was concern on behalf of players that MLB could get a great HGH test in two years, and would go back and test samples, they may be less apt to take a chance on banned substances going forward beacuse they are tough to detect.

Probably a number of reasons why it wouldn't work, but without something like that, cheaters will likely be one step ahead of the testers.
    Speaking of HGH, have any of you seen Barry Bonds latelty???

bondsx-large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Speaking of HGH, have any of you seen Barry Bonds latelty???

bondsx-large.jpg
    Yes, and his head seems to be reverting to a more normal size as well.

[QUOTE=Jim Ganzer, "IWB";12329]On Lance Armstrong I agree, half of those riders have admitted blood doping, so what, strip his wins and give it to the guy that finished 46th?? What is too bad about that is that Lance Armstrong was the best thing that happened to that sport, and also one of the best things that happened to raising money for cancer research. They have pretty much just killed their own sport because without Lance, the TV audience will simply not be there."

I agree with this completely. I had a conversation about steroids in Baseball a few years back with a patient of mine who is a Major league pitcher and I told him that I would think that if Albert Pujols tested positive, they would throw away those results and nobody would ever hear about it. This was when Albert was Tearing MLB up and there were a lot of high profile steroid busts seemingly eveyday that was undermining the integrity of Baseball.....

My friend agreed with me. The pr nightmare that would have ensued would have cost the game Millions......

Same reason that Carl Lewis' positive PED test was overturned by the American Olympic committee before the LA games in 1984.....Like it or not, some athlets are bigger than the game.

Unfortunately for Lance, the Frenchies hate him. They were not going to let this die.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12