Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MU in Big 10..? ( Hunt )

The big 4 conferences could well add some of the better basket-ball only schools as adjunct members for Olympic sports while breaking away from the NCAA and have their own BB tourney an eliminate 225 or so lower level schools from the tourney, thus keeping all the BB money and not sharing the FB money. Very plausible as $$ speak volumes.

How boring would a national championship basketball tournament be without the small school/cinderella stories?

I mean do people really want to see a first round matchup between Nebraska and Kentucky or Boston College and Ohio State?

Listen, I am glad that LW is thinking and working behind the scenes to protect MU's conference standing and options. I actually think he is most qualified in this regard with his pro career and legal background. What I am objecting to is that he should not be answering or theorizing these options in a public forum at a very sensitve time. That fact that he even addressing a theoretical to a reporter shows again that he is in over his head in the public eye. In terms of getting a grip, yes, I am upset as he is jeopardizing $ millions with this loose talk on something that should remain confidential. He is weakening Marquette's and the BE's financial position. There is nothing positive to gain by publically addressing it at this time.

With this, I am out as both sides have aired all there is to air...and we are at the point of beating a dead horse on either side of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    How boring would a national championship basketball tournament be without the small school/cinderella stories?

I mean do people really want to see a first round matchup between Nebraska and Kentucky or Boston College and Ohio State?
    Don't disagree at all. Just saying that $$ do talk loudly....

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post

Agreed and that doesn't mean those small schools got in as charity cases either - there are a lot of good programs and are doing it with a lot, lot less resources than the BCS conference affiliated teams.

I would love to be in the Big Ten and play Crean twice a year. Make it happen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12