Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paint Touches on Jamil

Quote Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
    They're not students anymore.
    Well, then how are they supposed to be reprimanded? By cutting off access?

Look, IMO the tweet was dumb. Despite what he said, they aren't being objective, but MU doesn't have many good options here. Cutting off access to a group that largely says good things and provides good insight on the basketball program over this may not be a good long-term strategy.

This isn't like denying Bob Woodward access to the West Wing. It's about sending a message to some undergrad Journalism students that they are, after all, undergrad Journalism students. The community won't suffer if Paint Touches loses access.

Oh I agree. And as was pointed out, they are no longer students and are operating their own site. But Marquette I am sure is aware of their options and are best able to determine when it crosses the line.

If anyone personally wants to do something about it it's really easy, unfollow them on twitter and stop visiting their site and reading their articles. If that happens they will suddenly become irrelevant and their opinions will go away. I really enjoyed their articles and tweets up until this point, but these last few and their responses to this thread have made me a bit annoyed so I will stop reading their stuff and that solves that. I did my part.

Agreed. I liked Strotman's articles, but I can easily do without them. No way can I support anyone who basically tells Buzz's priority recruits to not come to MU. and on top of that he has the arrogance to defend himself by saying that his comments are "objective." What a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Agreed. I liked Strotman's articles, but I can easily do without them. No way can I support anyone who basically tells Buzz's priority recruits to not come to MU. and on top of that he has the arrogance to defend himself by saying that his comments are "objective." What a tool!
    He is a recent MU journalism grad who views himself now as a professional journalist with the PT blog site. So, I guess Michael Hunt should be making similar "objective" judgments........

It seems to me the journalism curriculum needs to include a course on ethics and integrity. Stating an opinion, which is by definition subjective, is not "objective," and to pretend that it is "objective" is either an exercise in self-deception or just blatant deception, period. Mr. Strotman needs to grow up if he wants to be a journalist in the real world, unless he aspires to write for the Enquirer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234