Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint Touches on Jamil

Paint Touches on Jamil

http://painttouches.com/2012/10/18/j...ats-just-fine/

Great work by them this month!

I think I have hit my 15 article limit with paint touches this month. Do I have to start paying now?

Paint Touches does Marquette no favors on the recruiting trail via Twitter.

In fact, one could argue Paint Touches does just the opposite.

Check out their posts. They speak for themselves.

Their comments as to why Embiid shouldn't attend Marquette can't be seen as anything but a negative. If you don't want to tweet recruits, fine. But don't actively encourage them to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Their comments as to why Embiid shouldn't attend Marquette can't be seen as anything but a negative. If you don't want to tweet recruits, fine. But don't actively encourage them to go elsewhere.
    Amen. Paint Touches does a fine job covering the team. They have outstanding articles and solid information. But in the area of tweeting about recruits/potential recruits, they might want to think a bit before they tweet.

Especially when those recruits read every single tweet from everywhere that mentions their name.

The biggest problem is that these kids and their families don't see the separation. People on these boards have always said, "Oh, if any recruit takes comments from a message board into account in his decision....." They all do.

In the past I have published recruiting lists and had parents of recruits call me directly and tell me off. I had to explain to them that I am not affiliated with the school and that I didn't know the program was recruiting their kid. When a kid like Embiid who is addicted to Twitter sees a tweet like that, and the twitter logo is an MU logo and the tagline touts themselves as a "Marquette Basketball Blog", people do not separate the program and the blog. So, to a kid like Embiid, he reads, "Marquette doesn't think they are good enough, and thinks I should go to Kansas or Texas". I know that sounds extreme, but that is how it is.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Has anyone told them this? I have a hard time believing they are trying to hurt Marquette on purpose.

Agree, that was an odd comment for them to make. I think the problem is there is no separation from the official Paint Touches twitter account and Mark Strotman it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Has anyone told them this? I have a hard time believing they are trying to hurt Marquette on purpose.

https://twitter.com/PaintTouches/sta...22874478772224

Seems like they found out...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast