Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big East News and notes....

Big East News and notes....

The Big East and Madison Square Garden have officially agreed on a 10 year contract extension.

Peyton Siva Chosen as pre-season player of the year, no MU players make any pre-season list......

2012-13 BIG EAST Preseason Player of the Year - Peyton Siva, Louisville

2012-13 BIG EAST Preseason Rookie of the Year - Steven Adams, Pittsburgh

2012-13 Preseason All-BIG EAST First Team
    Sean Kilpatrick, Cincinnati, G, Jr., 6-4, 221, White Plains, N.Y.
    Otto Porter, Georgetown, F, So., 6-8, 205, Sikeston, Mo.
    Gorgui Dieng, Louisville, C, Jr., 6-10, 225, Dakar, Senegal
    Jack Cooley, Notre Dame, F, Sr., 6-9, 244, Glenview, Ill.
    Vincent Council, Providence, G, Sr., 6-2, 180, Brooklyn, N.Y.

2012-13 Preseason All-BIG EAST Second Team
    Shabazz Napier, Connecticut, G, Jr., 6-1, 171, Roxbury, Mass.
    Cleveland Melvin, DePaul, F, Jr., 6-8, 208, Baltimore, Md.
    D’Angelo Harrison, St. John’s, G, So., 6-3, 202, Missouri City, Texas
    Anthony Collins, USF, So., G, 6-1, 175, Houston, Texas
    Brandon Triche, Syracuse, G, Sr., 6-4, 205, Jamesville, N.Y.

2012-13 Preseason BIG EAST Honorable Mention
    Chane Behanan, Louisville, F, So., 6-7, 250, Cincinnati, Ohio
    Jerian Grant, Notre Dame, G, Jr., 6-5, 185, Bowie, Md.
    Tray Woodall, Pittsburgh, G, Sr., 5-11, 190, Brooklyn, N.Y.
    C.J. Fair, Syracuse, F, Jr., 6-8, 212, Baltimore, Md.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Boy, when I saw Peyton Siva as the pre-season player of the year, I thought "what???" I mean, I love the guy's game, but he is so terribly inconsistent. Then in looking at the first and second teams, I can see why. Lots of solid players but not many that stand out as a real top level guy.

If Siva is the BE's player of the year, then perhaps it's time for the BE to accept the fact they are NOT the league's premier conference in BB anymore. Peyton Siva?? Really??

I would have Jerian Grant on the second team and lower his teammate Jack Cooley to 2nd or possible Honorable Mention and I predict that Jamil Wilson will garner at minimum post season Big East Honorable mention.

Was Jae Crowder on any list last season?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I would have Jerian Grant on the second team and lower his teammate Jack Cooley to 2nd or possible Honorable Mention and I predict that Jamil Wilson will garner at minimum post season Big East Honorable mention.
    So will Vander.

The guy might not be the best player in the nation, but he was a stud in the Big East Tournament last year pulling down the MVP. He led his team to the Final Four last year and his two game in Phoenix against Michigan State and Florida were some of the most impressive outings I had seen last year.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    If Siva is the BE's player of the year, then perhaps it's time for the BE to accept the fact they are NOT the league's premier conference in BB anymore. Peyton Siva?? Really??
    OK, but the only defection so far is West Virginia. Syracuse, Pitt and ND are still here, aren't they?

Agreed Jim...although it still annoys me how we tried to guard him in that game. Siva is also apparently a real good student as well. Completely deserving...it just surprised me.

I like it that nobody from MU is on it. Keeps the underdog thing going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast