Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DaJuan Johnson visiting today

Not only did he headline Johnson's name incorrectly, in the same article he stated that MU was one schollie over which they are not.

In his follow up story he mentioned that Buzz was glad to have Lockett back as he already graduated from MU.

Wow - two stories in one day, 4 major mistakes.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Not only did he headline Johnson's name incorrectly, in the same article he stated that MU was one schollie over which they are not.

In his follow up story he mentioned that Buzz was glad to have Lockett back as he already graduated from MU.

Wow - two stories in one day, 4 major mistakes.
    Called Johnson a junior too.

Make that 5 mistakes.

1) Jujuan Johnson not DaJuan
    2) Johnson is a senior, not a junior
    3) MU is not full with their scholarships
    4) Lockett is new, so he is not "back"
    5) Lockett graduated from ASU, not MU
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Yea, but other than that he did pretty well.

Yikes. Are we more shocked by the errors or that he took the effort to actually revise some of the stuff?
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    Yea, but other than that he did pretty well.

Yikes. Are we more shocked by the errors or that he took the effort to actually revise some of the stuff?
    The fact that he didn't fix everything is even more pathetic than the mistakes he made in the fisrt place.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Burton at Brewster?
    And the misses keep coming...

I sorry but this tells me there is no commitment to his new assignment. He is sleep walking through it?

I know a lot of people, especially those out of state, couldn't be bothered by this. But I really think that having any of the major media outlets in town treating Marquette the way the JS does isn't good for the school. It seems the only time they garner front page articles is when there's something negative to say. When Burton and Wilson committed, it wasn't major enough to be headline news. When that kid from Germantown walked on at Madison, it was. How is a city kid going to the city school not at least as big as a suburban kid going to a school 80 miles away?

Again, most of us don't get our news there. But by emphasizing the negative, it helps create a local perception that negative things are all that's going on. Add in all these mistakes and it's clear they don't care whatsoever. Maybe I should just throw my hands up and say "whatever", but unfortunately what it really does is just make me hope for the demise of the Journal-Sentinel, which really isn't something that's good for media in the city or country. It's a different world than it was 20 years ago, and clearly it's a world in which the JS doesn't have time to commit to the local program.

It's not necessarily the lack of decent coverage that bothers me. It is the absolutely inept reporting last year and so far this year. Seriously, how can you consider yourself a reporter when you get *six* basic facts wrong in one article?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast