Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Reseating Policy: NO PICKING SEATS

New Reseating Policy: NO PICKING SEATS

Marquette is changing their reseating policy. It will now take place every year and you will submit preferences to Marquette. The Blue and Gold Fund will then pick your seats for you. I already called and complained, I urge every single season-ticket holder to do the same.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...seatingFAQ.pdf

Direct complaints to:

Joe True (414) 288-4668

I remember hearing about this over the summer. As I understand it, this isn't something they had control over. Well, I heard reseating every year was out of their control, not sure about having B&G Fund select the seats though.

Who has control over this? Seems ridiculous. I am getting increasingly more annoyed with all of these changes. If this keeps up there is a good likelihood that I won't be renewing my tickets.

Don't blame them, this is not on the B&G fund. It is my understanding that this is on the IRS. They determined that, because you are getting something in return for you seat license/donation, that it is not tax deductible. MU is doing what they have to do. The IRS has been sweeping Universities across the nation, coming down on the whole point system concept.

Not a great situation, but complaining won't help.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Preferential seating has always been tax deductible under the "80/20 rule." (In other words, 80% of your deduction is tax deductible if you use it to get preferential seats to buy.) In reading MU's release, it looks as though the IRS wants this done every year and not every-other-year. Which makes some sense, but I'm not sure why they don't just stick with their current practice?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...seatingFAQ.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Don't blame them, this is not on the B&G fund. It is my understanding that this is on the IRS. They determined that, because you are getting something in return for you seat license/donation, that it is not tax deductible. MU is doing what they have to do. The IRS has been sweeping Universities across the nation, coming down on the whole point system concept.

Not a great situation, but complaining won't help.
    Ok, if the IRS truly is forcing an annual reseating (cite?) fine. However Hizzoner sexually doubts the IRS is forcing MU to chose my seats. If so, please provide us with the cite to the IRS Notice, Rev.Proc. or Ruling, as Hizzonewr would like to read it.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Ok, if the IRS truly is forcing an annual reseating (cite?) fine. However Hizzoner sexually doubts the IRS is forcing MU to chose my seats. If so, please provide us with the cite to the IRS Notice, Rev.Proc. or Ruling, as Hizzonewr would like to read it.
    where is your mind? "sexually doubt"? really? this wedding can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!

Splitting up the Fightin' 218???? Don't mess with the best, because the best don't mess. If it the IRS, how anal can you get??

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    where is your mind? "sexually doubt"? really? this wedding can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!
    Apparently the Mayor is posting from his phone and has the AutocorreXXXt app.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcity77 View Post
    Apparently the Mayor is posting from his phone and has the AutocorreXXXt app.
    Stupid auto correct on the iPad.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast