Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Steve Cottingham

I do not hate anyone in the current administration. I just think they have not done a good job with PR. They have rough edges that need to be smoothed out and I hope it happens. I've worked as a journalist, in marketing and done public relations for a college. I suspect there has be a PR intervention in the past month. It was just what the doctor ordered. I think things will get better after a ham-handed start.
    Last edited by TulsaWarrior; 10-05-2012 at 06:31 PM.

CSU has announced plans for a new on campus football stadium. Steve is a builder and a great choice for the job at task. The relatively new university president made this announcement recently, and he was one who had been promoted up within the ranks at CSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    I do not hate anyone in the current administration. I just think they have not done a good job with PR. They have rough edges that need to be smoothed out and I hope it happens. I've worked as a journalist, in marketing and done public relations for a college. I suspect there has be a PR intervention in the past month. It was just what the doctor ordered. I think things will get better after a ham-handed start.
    Hey Tulsa...never knew your background. I do the same thing for a university in Indiana.

And I love the "rough edges" quote.

Marquette's - and Milwaukee's - loss is Colorado State's gain. I wish nothing but the best for Steve and his family.

I do believe in the principle of karma. To those and for those at MU who pulled the rug out from under Steve, just remember: "What goes around has an amazing tendency to also come back around."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I don't know about Dale Layer.
    I think I get what you're saying here, if I'm reading it right, good for Buzz for taking care of people who took care of him.

I keep seeing this premonition of Buzz coaching at Colorado State in the future. Wouldnt surprise me at all. I hate gut feelings! Talk about what comes around goes around.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubMU View Post
    I keep seeing this premonition of Buzz coaching at Colorado State in the future. Wouldnt surprise me at all. I hate gut feelings! Talk about what comes around goes around.
    Can I assume you are joking? Buzz leaving Marquette to coach at CSU would be a dream come true....for Steve Cottingham. Not sure that is where Buzz would hypothetically end up with the resume he has built.

Loyalty only goes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Can I assume you are joking? Buzz leaving Marquette to coach at CSU would be a dream come true....for Steve Cottingham. Not sure that is where Buzz would hypothetically end up with the resume he has built.

Also, CSU just hired an accomplished head coach this past offseason in Larry Eustachy. If Buzz ends up at a past spot, I think it is Texas A&M (it is very hard to coach at this level with something as debilitating as Parkinson's).

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post

Not joking. I could see it happening. No insider knowledge. Just figured if he looked seriously at SMU pretty much any opening concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubMU View Post
    Not joking. I could see it happening. No insider knowledge. Just figured if he looked seriously at SMU pretty much any opening concerns me.
    SMU is in a better conference, offers much more money, and is in a location pretty close to where Buzz grew up (in a growing hotbed of talent).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast