Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Steve Cottingham

Congrats to Steve Cottingham

Steve Cottingham was just named the Senior Associate Athletic Director/CFO at Colorado State University
    Last edited by IWB; 10-05-2012 at 03:34 PM.

+1,000.

I had a chance to meet Steve and his family a few times this past winter, spring, and summer. He's a class act. It is really a shame that the Board threw him under the proverbial bus. I am still angry about that. One of the worst decisions the Board has ever made.

With potential longstanding ramifications in the next years Im afraid. Mad just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    +1,000.

I had a chance to meet Steve and his family a few times this past winter, spring, and summer. He's a class act. It is really a shame that the Board threw him under the proverbial bus. I am still angry about that. One of the worst decisions the Board has ever made.
    Agree totally. Steve is a really good man.

I wish he was still our AD.

Cottingham is a great guy. His wife is equally great and they have a beautiful family. Very happy for them. Fr. P made a mistake throwing him under the bus. Goose85 needs to send his kid to school there!

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Cottingham is a great guy. His wife is equally great and they have a beautiful family. Very happy for them. Fr. P made a mistake throwing him under the bus. Goose85 needs to send his kid to school there!
    Fr. P. was not yet in charge when SC was cut loose? More a B of T action...?

Cottingham appeared to get ambushed by an administrator with and ego that didn't match intelligence.

Cottingham was dusted when Fr. P. said he wanted it cleaned up before he got to campus. There was an admin who was responsible but it was Fr. P's directive is my understanding. As far as I know, a tremendous injustice.

A couple of questions...

1. Didn't Cottingham get a lot of the blame with regards to Department of Education crime reporting due to his position as Counsel prior to being AD?

2. Did this administrator report to Cottingham, or did he report elsewhere.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast