Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame

Notre Dame

When Notre Dame decided to hitch themselves onto the ACC wagon, you knew there would be some changes, specifically, ending long standing rivalries.

Well, the first domino dropped as Notre Dame opted to cancel their annual football series with Michigan. The teams have played 40 times, and in 2007 signed an extension through 2031, but ND used a 3 year opt out to end the series.

No matter what people feel about either school, this game was good for college football. Now just sit back and watch the ND fans explain how this 'just makes sense' and how 'Michigan is unethical' etc etc.

Way to screw up a good thing Notre Dame.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I just read that and I am very surprised. That was always a big time TV game as Michigan is one of the top programs in the midwest.

I guess ND is really hitching their wagon to tobacco road.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I just read that and I am very surprised. That was always a big time TV game as Michigan is one of the top programs in the midwest.

I guess ND is really hitching their wagon to tobacco road.
    Yep, that is reality FBOW. Guess the Big 10/12 did not want to do the partial membership thing.

How about this? Did you read how ND informed Michigan? Well, the out clause stated that you had to inform the opponent 3 games prior, so basically a three year out clause. Well, the two ADs were on the field about an hour before kickoff talking about the impending storms, and what to do about a potential lightning delay. As they were parting, they agreed to stay in touch regarding the weather and Jack Swarbrick pulled out a letter and handed to Dave Brandon and told him what was in it. Brandon figured it might happen, so three more years and then done. When he finally read the letter after the game on the bus trip back, he realized why Swarbrick gave it to him on the field. It was delivered an hour before kickoff, so that game counts as one of the three. He wasn't there to talk about the potential storms, he was there to make damn sure he delivered the letter before kickoff. What a tool!

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...er?odyssey=tab
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    How about this? Did you read how ND informed Michigan? Well, the out clause stated that you had to inform the opponent 3 games prior, so basically a three year out clause. Well, the two ADs were on the field about an hour before kickoff talking about the impending storms, and what to do about a potential lightning delay. As they were parting, they agreed to stay in touch regarding the weather and Jack Swarbrick pulled out a letter and handed to Dave Brandon and told him what was in it. Brandon figured it might happen, so three more years and then done. When he finally read the letter after the game on the bus trip back, he realized why Swarbrick gave it to him on the field. It was delivered an hour before kickoff, so that game counts as one of the three. He wasn't there to talk about the potential storms, he was there to make damn sure he delivered the letter before kickoff. What a tool!

Wow, these guys are really going low.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post

Ehh, I have nothing against that. He exercised his right within the terms of the contract. If Michigan didn't want to be surprised right before kickoff, then say you have to be informed before the start of the season.

Notre Dame tradition. Play like Champion Today. Bunch of phony crap.

Well, the way Swarbrick forecasts weather, he should have been paying more attention to the conditions. Can't get lower than a South Bend curb, but ND sure finds interesting ways to screw your buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephys View Post
    Ehh, I have nothing against that. He exercised his right within the terms of the contract. If Michigan didn't want to be surprised right before kickoff, then say you have to be informed before the start of the season.
    Yes, he exercised his rights. As for the Ehh, there are right ways to do it and wrong ways to do it. Did ND just realize that evening they had this clause and had to deliver it on the field? Give me a break. The classy thing would have been to handle it prior to that day. During the week would have been acceptable. On the field? Classless.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yes, he exercised his rights. As for the Ehh, there are right ways to do it and wrong ways to do it. Did ND just realize that evening they had this clause and had to deliver it on the field? Give me a break. The classy thing would have been to handle it prior to that day. During the week would have been acceptable. On the field? Classless.
    That's my take. A process server would have been classier.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast