Thread: Bucks vs Pacers

Bucks vs Pacers

Bucks vs Pacers Schedule:

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/178...418153/photo/1

Eastern Conference 1st Round Playoffs Schedule:

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/178...268499/photo/1

Western Conference 1st Round Playoffs Schedule:

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/178...470175/photo/1

Series odds now favor Indiana. I think Vegas thinks Giannis not playing at all.

I think it'll be a repeat of last year. Gentlemen's sweep for Indiana.

For some reason, I like all of the negativity being directed at the Bucks. Honestly, a lot of it has been deserved, but some of it has been overly dramatic (Stephen A Smith). Look at what the Miami Heat did last season after a very, very average regular season.

The last two seasons heading into the playoffs, everyone was high on the Bucks, and especially last season as the #1 overall seed in the NBA. I think the Bucks, and especially Giannis, are better when they are doubted.

If the Bucks can have Dame, Giannis, Middleton together no later than game 2 of this series, worst case game 3 (split the first 2 without Giannis), I will be optimistic.

That is the issue for me....how often have Dame, Giannis and Middleton all been on the floor together healthy? The team has had an entire week off, don't play until Sunday night. Dame needs to prove himself in the postseason, playoffs weren't something that always came around in Portland.

Like Bucks fans, I think the Bucks players have become bored with the regular season. I believe the 2022 ECSF loss to Boston in 7 and 2023 first round loss to Miami has this team hungry again and not taking anything for granted after maybe feeling a bit entitled after the 2021 championship. Starting Sunday is when it all matters and where legacies are made.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2024 at 05:35 PM.

Indiana has not been without injuries. 2022 lottery pick Bennedict Mathurin was lost for the season to a torn labrum in his right shoulder in March.

He had averaged 14.5 pts, 4 rebs per game. Since the All-Star break, he had been averaging 17.7 pts, 5 rebs, 3 assists. He had played in every game against the Bucks.

Thoughts after the first 2 games:

(1) For a Pacers team that has collectively and individually accomplished nothing, they sure do a lot of talking and chest pounding. Bobby Portis alluded to this after the game. Several of the Bucks' players have a ring and deep playoff runs on their resume. Easy to root against this Indiana team.

(2) Hopefully Giannis back for Game 3, would be 17 days since the injury. Not sure the Bucks can afford to be without Giannis for both Games 3 and 4 in Indiana. They can win without Giannis, as they did in Game 1, but need more players to step up and help Dame, Middleton, Lopez, Portis.

(3) Pacers emphasized attacking off the dribble and got the Bucks' defense shifting and often resulted in miscommunication, easy layups. Defense needs to be much better in
    Game 3, Giannis would help spending time on Siakam (who is good, but not that good). Indiana is a good offensive team, but the Bucks' poor defense helped.

(4) Bobby Portis had an off-game, need more from Jae Crowder and Malik Beasley. AJ Green is due. Connaughton has been good.

(5) I though the Bucks' defensive attention to detail relaxed a bit in Game 2. Can't have that in Indiana.

(6) Last year, the Bucks headed to Miami 1-1 and held Giannis out for Game 3. The thought was that he could have played in Game 3 but the Bucks were coming off of a
    blowout win in Game 2, probably felt they could get away another game without Giannis. It backfired. If Giannis is healthy to play Friday, he
    should be out there for Game 3.

(7) Still optimistic, need everyone contributing as the series shifts to Indiana. Fear the Deer!!!
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-24-2024 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I think it'll be a repeat of last year. Gentlemen's sweep for Indiana.
    Still feels this way. They cooked their legs with nothing to show for it. Wasted an all-time Middleton performance.