Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks fire Griffin

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

OT: Bucks fire Griffin

This whole scenario is a bit like Wojo. A supposedly defensive minded coach who couldn't coach defense. Reportedly they are looking at Doc Rivers for a replacement which would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by shaquilvaine View Post
    This whole scenario is a bit like Wojo. A supposedly defensive minded coach who couldn't coach defense. Reportedly they are looking at Doc Rivers for a replacement which would be awesome
    Eh. Never been all that impressed with Doc as a coach. Great locker room guy, but tactically?

Was never excited about the hire to begin with. Makes you wonder if they have their replacement ready to go. You don't fire a coach mid-season without a plan.....with a championship caliber team.

Doc Rivers name is obviously mentioned. Could they now bring back Terry Stotts who was very close to Damian Lillard in Portland?

After firing Budenholzer, I had hoped they would consider trying to get Jay Wright. Probably not a realistic possibility, but will be interesting to see if the new hire is unexpected.

Major issues on defense.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 01-23-2024 at 03:20 PM.

Agreed, I love Doc's personality but he's had plenty of great teams that came up short. Though we saw what he did in Boston with three Hall of Famers. Here he would have at least two. I guess the real question is if there's anyone better you can get in the middle of the season.

No, and that means that Doc probably has the Bucks over a barrel to get a multi-year deal out of this. Moving on from Bud wasn't a bad decision, but this hire certainly was and now they are kind of stuck. I think they need to have Dame more in a modern, free flowing offense and I'm not sure that's Doc.

The coach the Bucks should have went after hard this past off-season is Doc’s replacement in Philly. Nick Nurse is a really good coach

I'd rather have Kenny Atkinson but Doc is still an upgrade.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast