Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks fire Griffin

Griffin clearly had lost the team and there were red flags. Terry Stotts resigning so early, Giannis asking him to abandon his defensive philosophy and go back to their drop defense with Lopez protecting the rim, and Portis calling out the coach in front of the team after the In season tournament loss to the pacers. Portis apparently said they weren't running any set plays down the stretch and needed more direction. One thing Doc will bring is he will be immediately respected by the team. They need to change the culture and he will do that.

Griffin lost the team
    Can't hire another rookie
    Take a chance on a female coach? Will players respond to her? Will players listen to her when she yells at them and criticizes them?

Whether its a male or female that is a really big chance to take with so much on the line. Bucks just took a chance on an unproven coach and it cost them millions.

Given the situation I'm fine with it. I liked Kenny Atkinson a lot, but that's a hard situation for the Warriors staff just having tragically lost an assistant coach.

The fixes don't have to be complicated. Free up Dame more offensively, pack in the defense a little more to help hide some of their shortcomings. What they do between now and the trade deadline probably has just as much impact as the coaching change.

I have no doubt that NBA players would respond to a female coach if she were competent. Just like any male coach. These guys want to be coached and they want to win.

And then there's this:

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/s...85571832504365

I like both players, so it would have to return a nice piece.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1750214886913925591

Doc Rivers and Bucks general manager Jon Horst will collaboratively work together on coaching staff personnel with the expectation of adding to an already great group of coaches the organization values, sources say.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/sta...00011160478126

Looks like Doc to Bucks is final now. Based on his prior coaching history - we should expect the Bucks to lose a game 7 in the Conference Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Looks like Doc to Bucks is final now. Based on his prior coaching history - we should expect the Bucks to lose a game 7 in the Conference Semifinals
    "Bucks in 6, since we will lose in 7"
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    "Bucks in 6, since we will lose in 7"
    Brilliant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast