Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ND to ACC Has Legs to It

They are not even going to wait until the TV deal is done? Seems very odd.

Another tough blow for the Big East. Notre Dame always had solid basketball teams and a great following in the league and at the Big East Tournament.

No way to spin this one.

ACC is also adding a $50 million exit fee. They are not messing around.

Being reported all over the place. I guess being tied to the ACC gets them a better bowl bid. I just don't get the timing of this one. Really seems odd that they would screw over the fellow Catholic schools like this.
    Last edited by Goose85; 09-12-2012 at 09:19 AM.

No way to spin this one other than the ACC really is determined to eliminate the Big East, why else would they want 15 teams?

Look at their conference.....

Boston College (Big East defector)
    Clemson
    Duke
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Maryland
    Miami (Big East defector)
    North Carolina
    North Carolina State
    Notre Dame (Big East defector)
    Pittsburgh (Big East defector)
    Syracuse (Big East defector)
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech (Big East defector)
    Wake Forest

6 teams poached from the Big East. That is not a coincidence.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Adding the $50 million exit fee to prevent the Big 12 from taking FSU and Clemson. Now if the Big 12 wants to expand their only targets would be Cincy & Louisville or BYU & someone from out West.

If the Big 12 is set on going back to 12, it does not look good for the Big East.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I just posted this on Scoop. The ACC has legitimate, football-related reasons to make this move:

"There is a big, football related reason to take ND. I am assuming that ND is going to have something written into its agreement, similar to the one with the BE, that ND gets access to certain bowls that the ACC plays in. This makes all of the ACC's bowl arrangements that much more valuable. Furthermore, getting ND playing ACC schools in football will bring more eyeballs to the set.

Also, remember that the ACC is in somewhat of a desperate need to strengthen its football product. To have ND associated with them, even not as a full member, is helpful with the changes to the BCS landscape. The ACC is clearly the fifth of the BCS conferences...and the Big East was significantly behind them. This helps them."

We have had a great rivalry and history with ND, but going forward I hope I don't see their name on our schedule. They have now joined the Judas wing of the conference.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast