Thread: Holiday to Celtics

Holiday to Celtics

Big fan of Holiday, and I am not excited about his being a part of the Celtics.

Holiday does make them much better, however, I think trading Williams will hurt them.
    Williams was more than solid for the Celtics on D, and his moving on leaves them pretty thin up front as Horford is 37 (when will he hit the wall?) and Porzingis who is injury prone. Of course Williams was also oft injured.

The Celtics off season moves made their starting 5 better, as Holiday is certainly an upgrade, but they really took a hit on depth.

Gained Holiday and Porzingis, but lost Smart, Brogdan, G. Williams, R. Williams, and depth guys like Griffin and Muscala (added during season).

Hopefully the Bucks can take the Celtics come playoff time. I think our depth (barring injuries for both sides) might be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Big fan of Holiday, and I am not excited about his being a part of the Celtics.

Holiday does make them much better, however, I think trading Williams will hurt them.
    Williams was more than solid for the Celtics on D, and his moving on leaves them pretty thin up front as Horford is 37 (when will he hit the wall?) and Porzingis who is injury prone. Of course Williams was also oft injured.

The Celtics off season moves made their starting 5 better, as Holiday is certainly an upgrade, but they really took a hit on depth.

Gained Holiday and Porzingis, but lost Smart, Brogdan, G. Williams, R. Williams, and depth guys like Griffin and Muscala (added during season).

Hopefully the Bucks can take the Celtics come playoff time. I think our depth (barring injuries for both sides) might be the difference.
    Spot on analysis Goose. I think every Bucks fan's reaction was "any team but the Celtics".....maybe throw the Heat in there as well. I would have rather seen him in the Western Conference. However, it does seem like a net loss in terms of depth, which was what made the Celtics so tough. Holiday is an All-Star, clearly a better starting PG than Smart, Brogdon or Derrick White. I just thought having 3 quality guys in Smart, Brogdon, White (that could play on or off the ball) just made it feel like they were coming at you in waves and were always fresh.

Grant Williams was a great option to rotate onto Giannis, strong lower body and was just a pain the a**. Robert Williams with his rim protection. Porzingis is FRAGILE, he can be impressive when healthy, but IMO isn't up for the physicality and duration of the playoffs. Porzingis is also not known for defense.....and defense was a major factor in what made the Celtics so tough.

Horford is really getting up there in age, they aren't as long nor as deep anymore. Many have pushed the Celtics back ahead of the Bucks. I am not convinced. I like the Malik Beasley signing, Cam Payne signing.......still have 6th man Bobby Portis, Connaughton, hopefully Jae Crowder back to his typical self. Can Marjon Beauchamp be a part of the rotation? They really want to stick with and continue to develop AJ Green......try to make him the Max Strus of the Milwaukee Bucks.

I think the Bucks are deeper and still the favorite in the East. Holiday will actually become the first Celtics player I like.