Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason News

NBA free agency will kick off on Friday, June 30, at 6 p.m. ET. Teams can begin negotiating with free agents at that time.

Most contracts can't officially be signed until Thursday, July 6, at 12:01 p.m. ET. However, many players will agree to the terms of a contract verbally before putting pen to paper.

https://www.nba.com/players/free-agent-tracker/2023

Reading between the lines, I'd be surprised if both Grayson and Pat are on the roster opening night. I think they want to upgrade their wing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Reading between the lines, I'd be surprised if both Grayson and Pat are on the roster opening night. I think they want to upgrade their wing defense.
    I would think that Grayson might be on the trade block. This is his last year under contract while Pat has three years on his deal. Teams seem to value expiring contracts more.

Need to ink Lopez for a couple more years.

No doubt they want to get more athletic/long as it relates to wing defenders. The Andre Jackson pick helped in that regard, his offense is limited, but I bet he is capable of defending from day 1.

Allen and Connaughton seem redundant, always thought they were very similar in skillset and measurables.

It is amusing how much play there is in the media advocating Damian Lillard to the Bucks (or Miami, Brooklyn, etc). Nice to be a destination spot in the NBA. In part because of this tweet during the 2022 playoffs:

https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/sta...06892878254080
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-29-2023 at 11:37 AM.

A big fan of Jrue Holiday. Love his 2-way ability, leadership, toughness and being a top defensive player in the league. However, his offensive stats have dramatically dropped off come playoff time. Maybe that is simply explained by how much defensive responsibility he takes on in the playoffs. It is a bit concerning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jrue's playoff form has to be hugely concerning. Maybe some of that changes if they can upgrade the wing defense. What does them in isn't the drop coverage so much as not being able to keep dudes in front of them.

Looking good on Brook. Not sure if it's a 2+1 or all 3 guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Jrue's playoff form has to be hugely concerning. Maybe some of that changes if they can upgrade the wing defense. What does them in isn't the drop coverage so much as not being able to keep dudes in front of them.

Looking good on Brook. Not sure if it's a 2+1 or all 3 guaranteed.
    Need Brook back, so that sounds good!

I think there is such defensive pressure on Holiday in the playoffs that his offense suffers. Would help if we had more defensive help for him next season, especially in the back court.

Would love to have Lillard, but not sure we have what it would take to get a trade done.

Brook is re-signing with the Bucks! Great news, he certainly got paid. Coincides with Giannis' contract (team control through 2025).

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...WBConiS1w&s=19

Jevon Carter to the Bulls, Ingles to Orlando.

Have to imagine Jae Crowder news will be next.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast