Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline - Feb 9

Trade Deadline - Feb 9

A lot of Bucks rumors swirling around, sometimes it is the player(s) never mentioned that the Bucks end up acquiring. Top of my list would be Jae Crowder and Bojan Bogdanovic. Crowder has sat out all season and would be the tough, physical defender needed to guard Tatum/Brown deep in the playoffs (Tucker role) who can also stick the open 3. That allows Middleton to guard the other and Holiday on Smart.

Detroit is thinking long-term, a nice, young nucleus with Cade Cunningham, Jaden Ivey, Jalen Duren. The Bucks are able to trade their 2029 first-round pick, but that might seem too distant for some teams. Bogdanovic is having a career year averaging 20+ PPG and shooting 41% from beyond the arc (with size). At 34, doesn't make sense for the Pistons not to flip him for future, young talent and/or draft picks.

I hate to say it, because I like his potential, but the Bucks may have to consider Marjon Beauchamp if they want to go "all-in" on winning titles over the next few years (in addition to Grayson Allen or even Connaughton). If Connaughton has more value than Allen, you might trade Connaughton and keep Allen. Those two are similar, even though I prefer Connaughton. Joe Ingles is coming into his own, get Middleton back, and if you can add Crowder or Bogdanovic.....that would be ideal IMO.

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-...ckets-involved

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...87/ar-AA168eqd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...st/ar-AA16aQR8

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rds-bucks-more

I wouldn't move Connaughton or Beauchamp. Not sure that would be worth a rental.

Crowder's trade value continues to decrease. Might be able to get him for Nwora, Hill and a couple second rounders. Nwora has some value, and Hill adds salary offset. Could add in Ibaka too, but he has a no trade and would need to waive the no trade.

I think, once all are healthy, we have enough to win it all now. Adding Crowder would really help. Wonder if teams are waiting to see if Phoenix is willing to settle with him should he not get moved by Feb 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I wouldn't move Connaughton or Beauchamp. Not sure that would be worth a rental.

Crowder's trade value continues to decrease. Might be able to get him for Nwora, Hill and a couple second rounders. Nwora has some value, and Hill adds salary offset. Could add in Ibaka too, but he has a no trade and would need to waive the no trade.

I think, once all are healthy, we have enough to win it all now. Adding Crowder would really help. Wonder if teams are waiting to see if Phoenix is willing to settle with him should he not get moved by Feb 9.
    I would also prefer trading Allen (who is having a very solid year), Nwora, Hill, the 2029 1st-round pick, etc.

The untradeable core is Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, Lopez, Portis. Everyone else depends on the specific deal being presented. Sounds like Cam Reddish might be available for 2nd-round picks.

The Bucks own the #2 Defensive Rating in the NBA but are hovering around #20 in Offensive Rating. That might be a bit of a misnomer with no Middleton for practically the entire season along with Holiday, Connaughton, Ingles missing large chunks of time.

The Celtics are the one team I am not convinced we are better than right now as is. In defending Tatum/Brown, who have really progressed, could use Crowder to defend one with Middleton defending the other. Then Holiday on Smart.

Middleton has been out for so long, really need him back and developing chemistry with the team again. Unusual considering he did not tear an ACL or rupture an Achilles. No reason to panic, but hopefully returns soon and stays healthy for the remainder of the season.

Ibaka won't be on the roster much longer. Rumors of some real discontent there.

Even more than a wing defender, they need some damn shooting. It's laborious watching their offense at times with a bunch of 30-35% shooters hoisting threes.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Ibaka won't be on the roster much longer. Rumors of some real discontent there.

Even more than a wing defender, they need some damn shooting. It's laborious watching their offense at times with a bunch of 30-35% shooters hoisting threes.
    I had some hope that Ibaka could have a resurgence similar to Al Horford, but he has looked washed up. Pictures of him chillin on a beach, whatever, guy has been irrelevant.

Shooting picked up in the last few games, but again, a lot of it had to do with Middleton, Connaughton, Ingles, and even Holiday missing multiple games.

How about Jrue Holiday......the guy goes for 35 and 37 in back-to-back games without Giannis and Middleton. That is why I take him every day of the week over Marcus Smart. Could Smart do that in the absence of Tatum and Brown?

Holiday's numbers this season in 34 games:

19.4 PPG
    7.4 AST
    4.9 REB
    1.4 STL
    38.8% 3P%
    86.9 FT%

Bucks offered 4 second-round picks for Eric Gordon. Houston supposedly looking for a first-round pick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...on/ar-AA16D1ae

I'd rather move 2nd round picks than a guy like Allen for some of the rental options I've seen discussed.

Would Gordon really improve the team?

I think he'd give the scoring punch they need off the bench, but that price is way high.

I'd bring a guy like him in if there's a bigger wing defender ala Crowder too. The latter is the bigger need against Boston.

I'd like to see Crowder, but more for a couple 2nd rounders and or Ibaka. He would fit well, but hasn't played all year and at this point with just over 30 games left not sure I'd give up anyone that actually plays.
    I can see Gordon, but would only want to part with 2nd rounder and maybe Nwora or something like that. Guy is getting up there and is a rental too.

I think Allen will be really key off the bench once Middleton is back in the flow, so I'd hate to give him up for an unknown fit on the team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast