Thread: Brook Lopez

Brook Lopez

He is having a phenomenal start to the season. Just ridiculous last night going 7-9 from beyond the arc to go along with 3 blocks. Brook is still leading the NBA in blocks/game at 2.5. He is so vital to the success of this team.

The Athletic's Eric Nehm has a great article on Brook's work with the "NOAH" shooting system during the offseason. He has been able to shoot the three for a while now, but he looks as sharp as ever this season.

Love the 22-23 blue City Edition uniforms with different shades of green on the side. The City Edition court was also a nice look.

He is having a great year. Can be a difference maker in a playoff setting. Just need to be healthy.

This team will be fun to watch if / when everyone is healthy and playing together.

Brook should be an All Star this year. And he's going to make the Bucks make a really tough decision on his next contract.

Also... a lot of smoke around a deal to get Jae to Milwaukee. Offensively, I don't know if another stationary wing helps a ton, but they would be a bitch to score against if everyone is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Brook should be an All Star this year. And he's going to make the Bucks make a really tough decision on his next contract.

Also... a lot of smoke around a deal to get Jae to Milwaukee. Offensively, I don't know if another stationary wing helps a ton, but they would be a bitch to score against if everyone is healthy.
    He should be if this level of play keeps up. He won't get another 4-year deal at age 35, but maybe 2-year deals with the 2nd being a player option.

While I would love to see Jae to Milwaukee, Phoenix and Milwaukee are the 5-7 legitimate title contenders in the NBA. There is always the potential for another 2021 NBA Finals rematch. I can't imagine Phoenix would do anything that would potentially make Milwaukee better/deeper than they already are right now. Certainly Grayson Allen is the name floated around the most. I hope we keep Beauchamp, really like the kid.

Distracted by the Big East tournament last week.....a bit unnoticed was Brook's 9 blocks in a game last Thursday. The most by any player in a single game this season. Surpassing Jaren Jackson (8) and Nic Claxton (8).

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1634031548201566210

He is certainly leading DPOY candidate and should be 1st Team All-NBA Defense. The guy's 3-point stroke is on point this season (offseason work with NOAH shooting machine), a better ball-handler, even more nimble and loved the way he stuck up for Giannis the other night in the closing moments of the Sacramento win. Such a valuable piece to this team that is playing so well.

Wow, that is a crazy stat. More ammunition for consideration of Lopez being defensive player of the year.