Thread: Jevon Carter

Jevon Carter

36 points and 12 assists last night @OKC (with 5 3-PT makes). Bucks go to 10-1 without Giannis, Holiday, Middleton, Connaughton, Ingles.

Glad I DVRd and caught the entire 2OT game. According to Marques Johnson, Carter worked with a shooting coach over the summer and just looks more at ease with his jumper (not jumping as high) and overall offensive game in general. He has always been a tenacious defender. Carter just turned 27 and looks like an improved basketball player. Marjon Beauchamp also looking good with 19 points (5-8 3-PT makes) and 8 rebounds.

Brook Lopez continues to look fantastic and had 5 blocks last night with timely buckets down the stretch. He is leading the league in blocked shots with 2.7/game. Without any of the Big 3, that was easily the most entertaining game of the season thus far.

I too watched the later part of the game and the 2 OTs.

Getting some quality playing time for guys like Carter and even Beauchamp can only help team depth too. Working with a shooting coach shows, as his shot is much better.

Big fan of what Lopez can do for this team. I just wish they would run a little more inside offense for him.

If all are healthy, not sure who is going to stop this team from getting to the finals with a real shot at winning it all. A fun team to watch for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I too watched the later part of the game and the 2 OTs.

Getting some quality playing time for guys like Carter and even Beauchamp can only help team depth too. Working with a shooting coach shows, as his shot is much better.

Big fan of what Lopez can do for this team. I just wish they would run a little more inside offense for him.

If all are healthy, not sure who is going to stop this team from getting to the finals with a real shot at winning it all. A fun team to watch for sure.
    Agreed. They milked Brook at the end of regulation and in the 2 OTs. The young 7-footer on OKC just had no chance physically. Reports were he came into camp in top shape and it shows.

Boston, Cleveland and Atlanta look like the main threats in the East.....with the next tier being Miami, Toronto, Philly, Brooklyn.

If Joe Ingles can play near 100% when he comes back in January, it is going to be very interesting to see how minutes are dispersed. This reminds me a bit of the 13-14 Spurs team that lost a heartbreaking NBA Finals to the Heat in 2013 only to come back the next season on a mission to finish with the league's best record of 62-20 and defeat the Heat 4-1 in the Finals. Not that this Bucks team can assume they will win it all. It just seems as if the heartbreaking loss to the Celtics in 7 has everyone motivated and guys are showing they had great offseasons of development/conditioning.