Thread: Season Expectations?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Season Expectations?

Boston and Golden State looked fantastic on opening night. Boston adds Malcolm Brogdon but lost their other addition (Danilo Gallinari) to an ACL for the season. Golden State with Kuminga and Wiseman taking on larger roles with Draymond Green possibly in decline. There was also James Harden in mid-season form:

https://twitter.com/ScottGrodsky/sta...75472948707328

I still believe the Bucks would have advanced to the NBA Finals had Middleton been available in the ECSF. If they have each one of the Big 3 (Giannis, Middleton, Holiday) for the entire playoffs along with a healthy Brook Lopez, Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, Grayson Allen and Joe Ingles......they certainly can win it all. I really like the reports of an adjusted philosophy of limiting 3-point attempts. Now, it will be interesting to see how it is executed on the court.

I also like how the Bucks (since 20-21) use the regular season to try playing in different ways so that they are versatile come playoff time. Being able to win in different ways. Limiting 3-point attempts will surely be a work-in-process. Also, injuries to start the season (Middleton and Connaughton out a few weeks).

My hope as to how it plays out would be defeating Boston in the ECSF or ECF to then go on and meet Golden State in the NBA Finals. Hopefully, by then, the Bucks will be well versed in defending the 3 and come out ahead to win the franchise's 3rd NBA championship. Miami and Philly are clearly other contenders in the East. I think Toronto will prove to be another underrated (Pascal Siakam, Scottie Barnes, OG Anunoby and a lot of length) contender in the East along with an upcoming team in Cleveland (Donovan Mitchell added).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 10-19-2022 at 12:00 PM.