Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Thread

I really think the Bucks should make sure to keep Sandro Mamukelashvili.
    Right now he might be a good regular season option, but I think he has a lot of potential with the way bigs are used in the NBA these days.
    Ibaka and Lopez are no spring chickens, so some younger depth is needed.

Full disclosure, I wanted the Bucks to pick him as I liked his game at Seton Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I really think the Bucks should make sure to keep Sandro Mamukelashvili.
    Right now he might be a good regular season option, but I think he has a lot of potential with the way bigs are used in the NBA these days.
    Ibaka and Lopez are no spring chickens, so some younger depth is needed.

Full disclosure, I wanted the Bucks to pick him as I liked his game at Seton Hall.
    Always good when a draft pick is developing. He is an asset, so whether you keep him or is utilized in a future trade, good to see the progress Sandro has made heading into year 2.

I just think he will remain behind Brook, Serge, Bobby and Giannis in the 4/5 rotation. I think Serge has a breakout season still in him (like Al Horford).

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Always good when a draft pick is developing. He is an asset, so whether you keep him or is utilized in a future trade, good to see the progress Sandro has made heading into year 2.

I just think he will remain behind Brook, Serge, Bobby and Giannis in the 4/5 rotation. I think Serge has a breakout season still in him (like Al Horford).
    Agree he is blocked, but I think in the regular season you want to limit minutes for Brook (34 years old) and Serge (32 years old), and I think that is his current value. The Bucks have every intention of winning the title, so will need to have their 30+ year old big men somewhat rested and ready to go after the 82 game season.

Then, with continued development, the following year I think he can get playoff minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Agree he is blocked, but I think in the regular season you want to limit minutes for Brook (34 years old) and Serge (32 years old), and I think that is his current value. The Bucks have every intention of winning the title, so will need to have their 30+ year old big men somewhat rested and ready to go after the 82 game season.

Then, with continued development, the following year I think he can get playoff minutes.
    Totally agree, and I think Bud has done a good job of getting guys like Sandro minutes throughout the season. Plus, there are always nagging injuries where guys miss 1-2 weeks, Lindell Wigginton saw a decent amount of time last season as a result of this. Who knows, if Sandro plays really well, he could force Bud to give him more consistent minutes (even if those consistent minutes are 5-10 minutes).

Sandro continues his strong summer at EuroBasket 2022:

https://twitter.com/EuroBasket/statu...W3uuOVmmg&s=19

Giannis being Giannis:

https://twitter.com/EuroBasket/statu...tIQlcRtlLyGc6g
    Last edited by mufan2003; 09-05-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Jordan Clarkson's name seems to keep coming up in trade talks for the Bucks. I don't hate the idea. They have needed a guy who can score off the bench in the halfcourt.

Guessing the package would include some combo of Hill/Allen/Nwora sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Jordan Clarkson's name seems to keep coming up in trade talks for the Bucks. I don't hate the idea. They have needed a guy who can score off the bench in the halfcourt.

Guessing the package would include some combo of Hill/Allen/Nwora sign and trade.
    Don't mind Hill or Nwora moving on, but I think we need Allen's shooting. I contend he would have been successful post season playing the 4th or 5th scorer had Middleton been healthy.

Utah is open to not only moving Clarkson, but Bojan Bogdanovic and Mike Conley as well. I was always a fan of Joe Ingles and Bogdanovic on those Utah teams. Bogdanovic is under contract for one more year at $19.5m. Clarkson has 2 years left at $13.3m and $14.2m (PO).

Ever since Utah traded Rudy Gobert (Minnesota) and Donovan Mitchell (Cleveland), it is clear that Danny Ainge is resetting the franchise, stockpiling draft picks and focusing on going young to find what the future core will be.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 09-10-2022 at 01:14 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast