Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Offseason Thread

I really think the Bucks should make sure to keep Sandro Mamukelashvili.
    Right now he might be a good regular season option, but I think he has a lot of potential with the way bigs are used in the NBA these days.
    Ibaka and Lopez are no spring chickens, so some younger depth is needed.

Full disclosure, I wanted the Bucks to pick him as I liked his game at Seton Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I really think the Bucks should make sure to keep Sandro Mamukelashvili.
    Right now he might be a good regular season option, but I think he has a lot of potential with the way bigs are used in the NBA these days.
    Ibaka and Lopez are no spring chickens, so some younger depth is needed.

Full disclosure, I wanted the Bucks to pick him as I liked his game at Seton Hall.
    Always good when a draft pick is developing. He is an asset, so whether you keep him or is utilized in a future trade, good to see the progress Sandro has made heading into year 2.

I just think he will remain behind Brook, Serge, Bobby and Giannis in the 4/5 rotation. I think Serge has a breakout season still in him (like Al Horford).

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Always good when a draft pick is developing. He is an asset, so whether you keep him or is utilized in a future trade, good to see the progress Sandro has made heading into year 2.

I just think he will remain behind Brook, Serge, Bobby and Giannis in the 4/5 rotation. I think Serge has a breakout season still in him (like Al Horford).
    Agree he is blocked, but I think in the regular season you want to limit minutes for Brook (34 years old) and Serge (32 years old), and I think that is his current value. The Bucks have every intention of winning the title, so will need to have their 30+ year old big men somewhat rested and ready to go after the 82 game season.

Then, with continued development, the following year I think he can get playoff minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Agree he is blocked, but I think in the regular season you want to limit minutes for Brook (34 years old) and Serge (32 years old), and I think that is his current value. The Bucks have every intention of winning the title, so will need to have their 30+ year old big men somewhat rested and ready to go after the 82 game season.

Then, with continued development, the following year I think he can get playoff minutes.
    Totally agree, and I think Bud has done a good job of getting guys like Sandro minutes throughout the season. Plus, there are always nagging injuries where guys miss 1-2 weeks, Lindell Wigginton saw a decent amount of time last season as a result of this. Who knows, if Sandro plays really well, he could force Bud to give him more consistent minutes (even if those consistent minutes are 5-10 minutes).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345