Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I was not expecting that pick, especially with who was still left on the board. Young kid who has a lot of tools from which to develop. Size and wingspan are what we need. Can he shoot the 3 and play D at the NBA level?
    Love the measurables and plays with a high motor (based on highlights). Appears to have a good handle and is a good cutter/finisher at the rim. Only shot around 30% from beyond the arc, but I read assistant GM Milt Newton say they believe he will improve his % over time given the fact his shot mechanics are good and will improve with the Bucks' coaching staff (Middleton became a 3-pt shooter, Holiday shot the best percentage of his career this past season [40%], same with Connaughton [39%]).

I think the measurables, ball-handling, playing with a high motor and being able to defend multiple positions are his strengths right now. It will be interesting to see how his career evolves compared to Patrick Baldwin who went a few picks later.

Some high praise from Fran Fraschilla during this highlight reel:

https://youtu.be/eYmtISVYyXE
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-25-2022 at 12:29 PM.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2022-nba...nt-rankings-2/

Free Agency kicks off at 5pm (central).

Hopefully agree to terms with Bobby ASAP and then some interesting names that the Taxpayer MLE ($6.4 million) could be used on:

Patty Mills
    Donte DiVincenzo
    Otto Porter
    Bruce Brown
    PJ Tucker
    Malik Monk
    Mo Bamba (Restricted)
    Chris Boucher
    Victor Oladipo
    Thaddeus Young
    Jalen Smith
    Goran Dragic

Will a free agent take less to join a championship contender and play with arguably the best all-around player in the game?
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-30-2022 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/2022-nba...nt-rankings-2/

Free Agency kicks off at 5pm (central).

Hopefully agree to terms with Bobby ASAP and then some interesting names that the Taxpayer MLE ($6.4 million) could be used on:

Patty Mills
    Donte DiVincenzo
    Otto Porter
    Bruce Brown
    PJ Tucker
    Malik Monk
    Mo Bamba (Restricted)
    Chris Boucher
    Victor Oladipo
    Thaddeus Young
    Jalen Smith
    Goran Dragic

Will a free agent take less to join a championship contender and play with arguably the best all-around player in the game?
    I was actually thinking about a possible Victor Oladipo move to the Bucks. Take a one year contract to try and prove he can stay healthy and be a player in an attempt to parlay that into another contract.

Playing well in the playoffs is the key to getting a big next contract.

Now Kevin Durant wants to be traded before his new deal has even kicked in. Durant mentions Phoenix and Miami as preferred destinations.

Oladipo has had to deal with a lot of injuries, but wouldn't necessarily be against it. I like Patty Mills as a high-level shooter that moves really well off the ball (would fit in well with Giannis, Khris and Jrue who will predominantly have the ball in their hands). Otherwise, wings like Otto Porter and Bruce Brown that give you flexibility in their ability to defend multiple positions. I think Thaddeus Young will be too expensive. I would love Mo Bamba, but not sure how the Bucks would pull that off with him being restricted.

Wes Matthews back to the Bucks on a 1-year deal.

Joe Ingles to Milwaukee (great tweet from his wife). He tore his ACL in January, so will not be available to start the season. Who cares, it is all about the playoffs and winning a championship. 6'8" lefty is a career 40% shooter from beyond the arc. If he comes back as the same player from the ACL, this is a great signing.

Looks like the roster is pretty much set for next year barring some kind of trade or player release.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast