Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bucks v Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    That block on Smart, then throwing it off him followed by the steal. Wow!
    That play was one of the most athletic plays I've seen in a long time. Doesn't jump off the screen, but the quickness and body control needed to pull that off is astounding.

Love this quote from Giannis, the job is not done. IMO, treat Game 6 like it is Game 7:

"It feels good [to win], but at the end of the day, can't get too high, can't get too low," Antetokounmpo said. "We were up seven or 10 the previous game; we lost it. They were up; they lost this one. It's just -- keep it going back and forth. At the end of the day, you can't get too high for this.

"Obviously, it's great to win the game, it's great to go back home and feel good about ourselves, but the job is not done."

Can we please end the George Hill experiment. Guy has nothing to contribute. Really disappointed that Carter isn't on the active roster. Really happy for Bobby Portis after game 5 and his lack of minutes in that contest.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Can we please end the George Hill experiment. Guy has nothing to contribute. Really disappointed that Carter isn't on the active roster. Really happy for Bobby Portis after game 5 and his lack of minutes in that contest.
    I agree, and would be fine with more minutes for Carter and no or very limited minutes for Hill.

Hopefully last night helps Bobby get some mojo back. He's been oddly passive.

I'm curious to see what they do to hide Grayson defensively. He was getting targeted big time. Also glad to see them do more switching rather than the big dropping while the guard goes over the screen. That really put them at a disadvantage.

https://twitter.com/LilySZhao/status...BNDvtAOUg&s=19

https://twitter.com/DennisKrause1/st...gyP9_Q8xQ&s=19

Sounds like the plan was to only activate Middleton in an elimination scenario. The ECF could start Sunday, or be Game 7 against Boston.

Regardless, time to close this out in front of what should be a raucous home crowd.

With Dallas winning last night and forcing a Game 7, Game 1 of the ECF is locked in to starting Tuesday night.

Added incentive to close out tonight.....would provide 3 days of rest/recovery not only for Middleton but the team as well.

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/sta...66491493474320

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    With Dallas winning last night and forcing a Game 7, Game 1 of the ECF is locked in to starting Tuesday night.

Added incentive to close out tonight.....would provide 3 days of rest/recovery not only for Middleton but the team as well.

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/sta...66491493474320
    I like that logic. Get a W tonight, and then I'd think Middleton would be ready next week.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    It is becoming nauseating. Loyalty is good Bud, but it is not 19-20, he is not what he was.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    83% of the time, the winner of Game 5 goes on to win the series. The Bucks make up part of the 17% after last year, losing Game 5 @ Brooklyn, then going on to win Game 6 (home) and Game 7 (road).

I would love to win tonight and wrap it up on Friday.....this series could play out so many different ways.

Conventional wisdom:

Game 5: Boston wins (wrong)
    Game 6: Milwaukee wins (wrong)
    Game 7: Boston wins (?)

Cmon Khris Middleton, it is a MCL sprain, even if you are off the ball as a spot-up shooter, defender flys at you.....pump fake and shoot, or take 2 dribbles in for a lethal mid-range shot. 6'8", Khris never relied on explosion off the court. He always has been a guy who seemed to glide around the court, crafty.......with good height, long arms and an effortless stroke from all 3 levels. (One caveat, moving laterally defensively, I guess I just hope and pray)

My concern is rust, but it is not like he has been doing nothing for 3+ weeks.

The offense, reverting back to very little ball movement, player movement. Guys get confidence touching the ball, keep it moving, early shots in a 24-second clock from Giannis and Jrue are detrimental unless it is a Giannis dunk or Jrue open 3. Giannis, stop reverting back to 2019 when you are always going downhill 100mph from the top of the key......playing with fire. Stats are great, but many opportunities to pass-out on your drives. 40+, 10+......wow, did you win??? Did you make your teammates better?

Frustrating loss, conventional wisdom says Boston advances now.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-13-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast