Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks v Celtics

That W was a pleasant surprise. Was not expecting to even win game 1 given the way we have started series, and with this one being in Boston.

That was great D the Bucks played, forcing Boston into shots they do not normally like to take. Cut down on the turnovers for next game, and we will be in really good shape.

Game 2 is gonna be really interesting. Does Boston try to make it a track meet like the first quarter yesterday? Do they try to exploit the midrange more when Brook drops? More PNR with R. Williams? They had some success with it. Regardless, I don't think what they did yesterday gets them to 4 wins. They might have a game or two where they make a better percentage from three, but I don't know about four of 'em.

For the Bucks, the 27 points off turnovers likely won't be there. Have to be more crisp in the halfcourt offense. Keep wearing down Smart and Horford. Al played great yesterday, but he can't do that for a whole series against Giannis.

As Bucks fans we have grown accustomed to them getting down early in series (0-2 Brooklyn, 0-1 Atlanta and 0-2 Phoenix). I like this better, but hope to see the killer instinct and not be satisfied with a split.

Stats won't jump out at you, but I love what Jevon Carter is bringing to the table defensively (full court) and even scored 7 points (three, two and free throws).

Completely agree on Al Horford, he is always good for 1 or 2 nice games but he is not the player he used to be, played very well yesterday.

One of the best moments from Game 1, Wes' reaction to Giannis' pass to himself off the backboard:

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1520896848529088512

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Game 2 is gonna be really interesting. Does Boston try to make it a track meet like the first quarter yesterday? Do they try to exploit the midrange more when Brook drops? More PNR with R. Williams? They had some success with it. Regardless, I don't think what they did yesterday gets them to 4 wins. They might have a game or two where they make a better percentage from three, but I don't know about four of 'em.

For the Bucks, the 27 points off turnovers likely won't be there. Have to be more crisp in the halfcourt offense. Keep wearing down Smart and Horford. Al played great yesterday, but he can't do that for a whole series against Giannis.
    Boston was visibly frustrated when they tried to score at the rim yesterday. Brook Lopez is so important defensively. Not only 7'0", but thick, wide and yet agile. He takes up so much space and is very vocal on the defensive end. Paired with Giannis (6'11") and what he can do defensively along with Portis who also has good size (6'10")......the biggest frontline left in the playoffs. Also, those 3 are better collectively on the offensive end than Boston's starting frontline. Robert Williams can't do much unless it is a dunk from a dump off.

Boston was middle-of-the-pack as a team shooting beyond the arc (14 out of 30 teams). You can't let Tatum have open looks.......but Smart, Brown, Horford all run hot/cold. Tough, contested 2's and non-corner 3's (above the break line), if the Bucks keep them to that, I like their chances.

Boston shoots a franchise playoff record for any half going 13-20 from beyond the arc in the 1st half.

Credit Boston but the Bucks deserve some blame as well......dug too deep of a hole down 25 at half. Obviously will concede some 3-point shots, but that was way too lackadaisical. Also unsustainable by Boston who was 14th of 30 teams in 3-PT shooting.

Bucks' offense was poor. Get back to Giannis in the low post, wide post and free throw line area. Giannis can be a great passer out of the post-up. Also, more Giannis as a screener. Brook Lopez is a skilled offensive player, need him dialed in and making some contributions.

Got to bring it from the tip and for all 48 minutes. Boston cannot maintain that shooting from beyond the arc.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-03-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Big game tonight, Milwaukee can take control of the series with a win. Really want this one.

Both teams playing physical, Boston players and even fans are complaining about every call. A lot of flopping by Grant Williams (rivaling Chris Paul and Devin Booker for complaining). Part of the reason I love Giannis, Jrue and Middleton......they aren't constantly complaining about calls.

Offensive shooting numbers were awful for both teams in Game 3. Milwaukee shot 40.4% (40-99) on FGs and 26.5% (9-34) on 3FGs. Boston was 36.8% (32-87) on FGs and 27.3% (9-33) on 3FGs. The Bucks, collectively, are a better offensive team. I thought they missed shots they usually make on Saturday. Some just rimmed out.

Ready for the Bucks to have a breakout shooting performance. Starting to get the sense that Middleton could possibly come back in a Game 6 or Game 7 (Bud's comments) if necessary, but I hope it doesn't go more than 6. Go Bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Big game tonight, Milwaukee can take control of the series with a win. Really want this one.

Both teams playing physical, Boston players and even fans are complaining about every call. A lot of flopping by Grant Williams (rivaling Chris Paul and Devin Booker for complaining). Part of the reason I love Giannis, Jrue and Middleton......they aren't constantly complaining about calls.

Offensive shooting numbers were awful for both teams in Game 3. Milwaukee shot 40.4% (40-99) on FGs and 26.5% (9-34) on 3FGs. Boston was 36.8% (32-87) on FGs and 27.3% (9-33) on 3FGs. The Bucks, collectively, are a better offensive team. I thought they missed shots they usually make on Saturday. Some just rimmed out.

Ready for the Bucks to have a breakout shooting performance. Starting to get the sense that Middleton could possibly come back in a Game 6 or Game 7 (Bud's comments) if necessary, but I hope it doesn't go more than 6. Go Bucks!
    A win tonight would really put the Bucks in position to win this series with or without Middleton. We are a better team, but we need to shoot the ball better to get the W.
    A loss tonight could give Boston the upper hand, as we would then need to win on the road to get the series.

Agree on Giannis, Holiday and Middleton. I really like Lopez on this team, but he is one guy that does his share of complaining.

Too much one on one and it showed up in the 4th tonight. It seemed like every time Giannis or Holiday popped a 3 or deep two it ended up in transition the other way. That can't happen. Need to make them work harder defensively with ball movement. You're not going to get a better game from Wes at this stage of his career but you can get more from Portis and Allen who are difference makers when they're involved and humming.

They're boned.

Jrue and the offense are totally broken. This was their chance.

Al Horford found the fountain of youth, he hasn't looked this good in years. They are also leaving him wide open....practically a shootaround for him.

Bucks always make things stressful. Up double digits again late in the 3rd QTR, racking up fouls on Boston, then let them get right back in it with poor D and bad offense.

Need Portis and Allen to contribute more. Lopez and Connaughton doing as expected.

Middleton standing on the sideline for a lot of the game. Could really use him back with his ability to score on all 3 levels. 2-2, not giving up, but wasted opportunity to put Boston on the ropes.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-09-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast