Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good question, I tend to be one that is more focused on the Bucks being at their best then worrying about who they face. If Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, Brook, Portis, Connaughton, etc are at their best.....they are the favorites to get back to the Finals (IMO).

Boston has better size across the board, a much better defensive team than Brooklyn. Brooklyn has the best overall offensive player in the NBA (Durant) along with another great scorer in Irving. Boston's Tatum is very good, but still not as dominant as Durant can be. Tatum and Brown are a very good scoring tandem. Smart is a tough, defensive PG (not as good as Jrue though).

If Boston gets Robert Williams back, they only get better on the defensive end. Brooklyn might get more pub, but I think Boston is the better team. I see that series going 7.
    He just won Defensive Player of the Year. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    He did, but that doesn't mean Jrue isn't criminally underrated.

Bucks would take Brooklyn in 5 or 6. Boston is a much tougher out. Glad they'll hopefully have the fresher legs after that one goes 7.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post

Bucks would take Brooklyn in 5 or 6. Boston is a much tougher out. Glad they'll hopefully have the fresher legs after that one goes 7.
    Let me start by saying I think the Bucks are the best team in the East. Being the best doesn't mean you will make it to the finals, and the winner of Brooklyn / Boston will make for one heck of a battle.
    I agree that I think we would match up better with the Nets even though they have Durant and Irving.

The Celtics just seem to be a tough team similar to the Bucks. Smart just always battles and seems to disrupt the Bucks, thought I would take Jrue every day over Smart.
    With that being said, I think Smart can really be a difference maker in a series, as it seems the playoffs the game becomes more physical which is right up his alley. Same can be said for Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    I was highlighting Smart's strengths but saying Jrue is the better all-around PG. Jrue's scoring, shooting, playmaking and rebounding all better (career and this season). Jrue's shooting %'s this year are off the charts.

Smart:

Career - 10.5 (PPG), 38.2% (FGs), 32.1% (3FGs), 4.5 (AST), 3.6 (REB)
    This Season - 12.1 (PPG), 41.8% (FGs), 33.1% (3FGs), 5.9 (AST), 3.8 (REB)

Holiday:

Career - 16.2 (PPG), 46% (FGs), 36.3% (3FGs), 6.4 (AST), 4 (REB)
    This Season - 18.3 (PPG), 50.1% (FGs), 41.1% (3FGs), 6.8 (AST), 4.5 (REB)
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2022 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post

Jrue isn't even underrated defensively. People in the league know how good Jrue is defensively. If Jokic wins MVP this year, does that mean he is better than Giannis?

Jrue Holiday has 3 All-NBA Defense appearances and Marcus Smart has 2 appearances. It is a push defensively, but Jrue clearly the better offensive/all-around player:

All-NBA Defensive Team

17-18: Holiday-1st Team
    18-19: Smart-1st Team, Holiday-2nd Team
    19-20: Smart-1st Team
    20-21: Holiday-1st Team

*As a sidenote, Giannis with 4 All-NBA Defense selections with 3 of those being 1st Team.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Andre Iguodala: "It's like Steph Curry or Kevin Durant on offense, he's (Jrue) that guy on defense.":

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1515047153932058624
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Let me start by saying I think the Bucks are the best team in the East. Being the best doesn't mean you will make it to the finals, and the winner of Brooklyn / Boston will make for one heck of a battle.
    I agree that I think we would match up better with the Nets even though they have Durant and Irving.

The Celtics just seem to be a tough team similar to the Bucks. Smart just always battles and seems to disrupt the Bucks, thought I would take Jrue every day over Smart.
    With that being said, I think Smart can really be a difference maker in a series, as it seems the playoffs the game becomes more physical which is right up his alley. Same can be said for Holiday.
    One former NBA GM on Sirius XM Radio say he believes it will be Boston/Milwaukee......and the winner will go on to win the East.

Completely agree on Holiday over Smart, don't have to think long about it either.

While we all seem to think Holiday is the better overall player and we'd prefer him over Smart, as Alpha Bangura pointed out, Smart did win defensive player so he is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    While we all seem to think Holiday is the better overall player and we'd prefer him over Smart, as Alpha Bangura pointed out, Smart did win defensive player so he is really good.
    For sure, although I would go with "really good" defensively. He is a bit too streaky offensively for my taste, not a consistent playmaker.

Smart did make a hell of a pass on Sunday to win the game when most people thought he would panic and hoist up a shot. A series against Boston would be very tough, like the ECSF last year against Brooklyn (potentially).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    For sure, although I would go with "really good" defensively. He is a bit too streaky offensively for my taste, not a consistent playmaker.

Smart did make a hell of a pass on Sunday to win the game when most people thought he would panic and hoist up a shot. A series against Boston would be very tough, like the ECSF last year against Brooklyn (potentially).
    Agree, really good or even great defensively. Not really good on the offensive end.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast