Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Bulls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good question, I tend to be one that is more focused on the Bucks being at their best then worrying about who they face. If Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, Brook, Portis, Connaughton, etc are at their best.....they are the favorites to get back to the Finals (IMO).

Boston has better size across the board, a much better defensive team than Brooklyn. Brooklyn has the best overall offensive player in the NBA (Durant) along with another great scorer in Irving. Boston's Tatum is very good, but still not as dominant as Durant can be. Tatum and Brown are a very good scoring tandem. Smart is a tough, defensive PG (not as good as Jrue though).

If Boston gets Robert Williams back, they only get better on the defensive end. Brooklyn might get more pub, but I think Boston is the better team. I see that series going 7.
    He just won Defensive Player of the Year. Just sayin'.

While we all seem to think Holiday is the better overall player and we'd prefer him over Smart, as Alpha Bangura pointed out, Smart did win defensive player so he is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    While we all seem to think Holiday is the better overall player and we'd prefer him over Smart, as Alpha Bangura pointed out, Smart did win defensive player so he is really good.
    For sure, although I would go with "really good" defensively. He is a bit too streaky offensively for my taste, not a consistent playmaker.

Smart did make a hell of a pass on Sunday to win the game when most people thought he would panic and hoist up a shot. A series against Boston would be very tough, like the ECSF last year against Brooklyn (potentially).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2022 at 03:54 PM.

For sure, although I would go with "really good" defensively. He is a bit too streaky offensively for my taste, not a consistent playmaker.

Smart did make a hell of a pass on Sunday to win the game when most people thought he would panic and hoist up a shot. A series against Boston would be very tough, like the ECSF last year against Brooklyn (potentially).
    Agree, really good or even great defensively. Not really good on the offensive end.

How about the Suns losing a game at home? Booker aggravated a hamstring in the 2nd half, but New Orleans looked good and was winning while Booker was in the game. McCollum, Brandon Ingram, Trey Murphy, Valanciunas and former Shaka recruit/player at Texas Jaxson Hayes. I don't think anyone is concerned the Suns will lose the series, but I would not have imagined them losing on their home court to the #8 seed.

Great lineup tonight with Brooklyn/Boston followed by Bucks/Bulls (76ers/Raptors on NBATV).

How about the Suns losing a game at home? Booker aggravated a hamstring in the 2nd half, but New Orleans looked good and was winning while Booker was in the game. McCollum, Brandon Ingram, Trey Murphy, Valanciunas and former Shaka recruit/player at Texas Jaxson Hayes. I don't think anyone is concerned the Suns will lose the series, but I would not have imagined them losing on their home court to the #8 seed.

Great lineup tonight with Brooklyn/Boston followed by Bucks/Bulls (76ers/Raptors on NBATV).
    Talk about must see TV if you are a hoops fan. Glad the Brewers have a day game so there is no distraction.

Very concerned. Especially if Portis and Middleton have to sit more than one game. They've been absolutely awful for about 85 of the 96 minutes played so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Very concerned. Especially if Portis and Middleton have to sit more than one game. They've been absolutely awful for about 85 of the 96 minutes played so far.
    Sounds like Portis will be available to go Friday, stitch it up and go. Middleton is interesting, I have read a "mild MCL sprain" can be 1-2 weeks while Brian Windhorst reported 2-4 weeks. Sounds like there can be a lot of leeway with the injury, supposedly better clarification after the MRI today.

I completely agree with what appears to be the Bucks going through the motions. Don't see the same fire/intensity from Jrue, Khris and even Giannis. All of the sweep talk has these guys treating it like they can just go through the motions.

The Bucks do this, losing Game 1 of the ECF last year to the Hawks at home. It will drive you crazy. Need more from the bench, Portis had to leave the game but Connaughton and Allen gave you next to nothing.

Sprained MCL for Middleton. Big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Sprained MCL for Middleton. Big trouble.
    That is big trouble.

We need to come out and play with some intensity that seems to have been lacking a bit. When watching the Boston - Brooklyn game that seemed to have way more intensity than the Bucks - Bulls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast