Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Bulls

Sounds like Middleton will be out 3-4 weeks. Being playoff time, I'm sure the medical staff will be on him day and night to try and shorten that window period for recovery.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-buck...060100932.html

Now that was more like it. It is just evident when the Bucks are dialed in and when they are just going through the motions.

Supposedly a lot of sports talk radio in Chicago saying the Bucks look vulnerable and unsure of themselves. I just think the Bucks finally came in with the focus needed when it is the playoffs.

Allen, Portis and Connaughton stepped it up, especially Allen and Portis. On to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Now that was more like it. It is just evident when the Bucks are dialed in and when they are just going through the motions.

Supposedly a lot of sports talk radio in Chicago saying the Bucks look vulnerable and unsure of themselves. I just think the Bucks finally came in with the focus needed when it is the playoffs.

Allen, Portis and Connaughton stepped it up, especially Allen and Portis. On to the next one.
    I swear I've been saying this for 7 years but somebody in the NBA finally committed to making DeRozen use his left hand the majority of the time. He is not close to the same player that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    I swear I've been saying this for 7 years but somebody in the NBA finally committed to making DeRozen use his left hand the majority of the time. He is not close to the same player that direction.
    Yes. It was evident from the tip that the Bucks would funnel DeRozan to his left. Great team defensive effort. 5 guys functioning together.

Coaches like Budenholzer and Spoelstra.....guys that started off as video coordinators and worked their way up learning from great coaches/executives (Riley and Poppovich).

They know how to watch film and adjust accordingly. Budenholzer took a lot of s**t last season, but I thought he won a championship with a very thin roster that didn't go more than 7 deep. Much deeper this go around (hopefully get Middleton back should they advance to the ECSF).

Rinse and repeat. Every post here from Game 3 applicable once again. Funnel DeRozen to his left, Grayson Allen knocking down shots, great rebounding and team defense.

Playoff intensity and Allen picking up on the scoring. We are a far better team than the Bulls, even without Middleton. Finally started playing like it.

Boston has looked really good. Durant also looks like he has had it with the team / Kyrie. I don't think he will be too disappointed when the season is over.
    Watched their playoff games and rarely do they run offense for him. Not many ball screens, back side screens for Durant. He is being used more as a spot up shooter with Kyrie driving and maybe kicking.

Either way, I was worried about Brooklyn, but it is Boston that is the team to beat.

Games 3 and 4 in Chicago were very enjoyable, stress-free as a fan. Bucks controlled both games from the tip.

Boston is very good, I still give the edge to the Bucks (assuming Middleton is back) as I think they are just as good defensively but better collectively on the offensive end. Milwaukee's defensive numbers during the regular season were skewed due to Lopez practically being out for the entirety. Through 4 games in the playoffs, defensively, I believe they are giving up the lowest PPG of any playoff team.

I think Brooklyn is being exposed.....as to how good they really are outside of Durant (who hasn't been great himself). At times, with Patty Mills, Irving and Seth Curry on the floor......they are so small and liabilities on the defensive end.

https://twitter.com/eric_nehm/status...59194368282626

If the Bucks win tonight, Game 1 @ Boston would be Sunday at 12pm. Lavine and Caruso listed as out for tonight's game.

If I were to bet, Middleton would be held out of Game 1 with a chance to play in Game 2. If the Bucks win Game 1, do you give him more rest and keep him out of Game 2 (having won 4 in a row) as well?

Getting ahead of myself for sure, but I just don't get the sense it is a 3-4 week injury (certainly could be wrong). Maybe it is as simple as he comes back when 100%, but sometimes how the team fares in a player's absence plays a role.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast