Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Bulls

Bucks vs Bulls

Here we go, Chicago it is. On Easter Sunday, time TBD.

I wanted the Bucks to play for the #2 seed and go for the win on Sunday, securing home-court advantage in a potential ECSF matchup with Boston.....but who knows how it all plays out. Most important, the Bucks are playing very good basketball heading into the playoffs and have a healthy, deep roster. Deeper than last year, albeit the Eastern Conference is better as well.

I think Toronto could "upset" Philly in the first round. If Brooklyn falls to #8, I could see them knocking off the Heat in the first round. I think Boston and Milwaukee have been playing the best basketball in the East.

The playoffs, especially the Eastern Conference, have the potential to be very entertaining....starting in the first round. Fear the Deer!!

Avoiding Brooklyn in round 1 was probably a good idea. I'd rather have Chicago in round 1 than Brooklyn.

Should we beat the Bulls, would we then play the winner of Philly v. Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Avoiding Brooklyn in round 1 was probably a good idea. I'd rather have Chicago in round 1 than Brooklyn.

Should we beat the Bulls, would we then play the winner of Philly v. Toronto?
    Objectively, I don't think anyone can dispute that. Chicago's record against upper echelon teams is terrible. They beat up on average to poor teams.

Milwaukee would play the winner of Boston/#7 seed. If it is Boston, the Celtics would have home-court advantage. If Brooklyn, the Bucks obviously would.

I guess you can't technically rule out Cleveland winning tomorrow night and getting the 7th seed......leaving Brooklyn's only option as the 8th seed facing Miami.

Regardless, you will have to face and defeat good teams to get back to the Finals. Bucks have been doing that over the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Objectively, I don't think anyone can dispute that. Chicago's record against upper echelon teams is terrible. They beat up on average to poor teams.

Milwaukee would play the winner of Boston/#7 seed. If it is Boston, the Celtics would have home-court advantage. If Brooklyn, the Bucks obviously would.

I guess you can't technically rule out Cleveland winning tomorrow night and getting the 7th seed......leaving Brooklyn's only option as the 8th seed facing Miami.

Regardless, you will have to face and defeat good teams to get back to the Finals. Bucks have been doing that over the past month.
    Yep, I had it backward. So we get Boston / Brooklyn? winner.

The Bulls haven't beat the Bucks when Giannis has played in a few years. Hope we can take care of Business and then are rested up for the winner of the Boston series.

Middleton had a tough game, Bucks looked sloppy, and the Bucks still pulled out a W.

Haven't won a lot of first games of playoffs series, so I'll take that as a positive.

Next game Middleton has a big game and the Bucks roll.

Middleton had a tough game, Bucks looked sloppy, and the Bucks still pulled out a W.

Haven't won a lot of first games of playoffs series, so I'll take that as a positive.

Next game Middleton has a big game and the Bucks roll.
    Bucks have historically been poor in Game 1s, especially when there is a week off. Strange, but it always seems to happen.

Bucks shot 40.5% (34-84) on FGs, 26.3% (10-38) beyond the arc and 65.2% (15-23) from the foul line. Bad numbers across the board. The Bucks are one of the better 3-point shooting teams in the league, one of the best overall offensive teams period. The Bulls shot poorly as well. It was an ugly game.

I expect the Bucks to pick it up as they get into a rhythm with the schedule. 2 more days off, but then back to playing every other day. Overall, I think the week off was good to give guys some rest before what is hopefully another deep playoff run.

Boston/Brooklyn series looks like it is going to be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Bucks have historically been poor in Game 1s, especially when there is a week off. Strange, but it always seems to happen.

Bucks shot 40.5% (34-84) on FGs, 26.3% (10-38) beyond the arc and 65.2% (15-23) from the foul line. Bad numbers across the board. The Bucks are one of the better 3-point shooting teams in the league, one of the best overall offensive teams period. The Bulls shot poorly as well. It was an ugly game.

I expect the Bucks to pick it up as they get into a rhythm with the schedule. 2 more days off, but then back to playing every other day. Overall, I think the week off was good to give guys some rest before what is hopefully another deep playoff run.

Boston/Brooklyn series looks like it is going to be fantastic.
    Glad we aren't in that battle. That series seems to be more of an Eastern Conference Finals than a round 1 playoff series.
    Which team is the better match-up for the Bucks?

Glad we aren't in that battle. That series seems to be more of an Eastern Conference Finals than a round 1 playoff series.
    Which team is the better match-up for the Bucks?
    Good question, I tend to be one that is more focused on the Bucks being at their best then worrying about who they face. If Giannis, Middleton, Holiday, Brook, Portis, Connaughton, etc are at their best.....they are the favorites to get back to the Finals (IMO).

Boston has better size across the board, a much better defensive team than Brooklyn. Brooklyn has the best overall offensive player in the NBA (Durant) along with another great scorer in Irving. Boston's Tatum is very good, but still not as dominant as Durant can be. Tatum and Brown are a very good scoring tandem. Smart is a tough, defensive PG (not as good as Jrue though).

If Boston gets Robert Williams back, they only get better on the defensive end. Brooklyn might get more pub, but I think Boston is the better team. I see that series going 7.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-18-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast