Thread: Giannis - MVP Race

Giannis - MVP Race

40+ in 2 marquee wins this week where Giannis was the best player on the floor among Embiid, Durant, Harden, Irving. Also made the decisive, winning plays, both defensively and offensively.

Embiid probably gets it, Jokic right there as well. If the Bucks finish strong and with the best record in the East.....it could get interesting.

After this run, not sure how you don't give it to Giannis. Against the best teams he is the best player by far. Could be defensive player of the year, and lead the league in scoring, and lead his team to the best team in the East.
    Now that is one heck of a resume.

He's the best player in the league right now, and had he not won back to back MVPs already, he'd be a lock this year.

Never thought I'd see him confidently take and make a stepback three in a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    He's the best player in the league right now, and had he not won back to back MVPs already, he'd be a lock this year.

Never thought I'd see him confidently take and make a stepback three in a situation like that.
    Step back 3 to force overtime, and two clutch free throws in OT that proved to be the game winner.

Key for the MVP race, the game was on national TV and was a huge matchup, so my guess is watched by many a NBA fan or MVP race voter.

I think some Bucks fans are superstitious.....Giannis winning MVP in 2019 and 2020 only to see the Bucks bow out both times in the playoffs as the #1 seed in the East (granted...2020 was Covid and the bubble). Then last year, the Bucks win it all after the MVP went to Jokic. That is obviously silly, they are not mutually exclusive and certainly just a coincidence.

Giannis also in the mix for the scoring title:

LeBron - 30.1

Giannis - 30.1

Embiid - 30.0
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-01-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Step back 3 to force overtime, and two clutch free throws in OT that proved to be the game winner.

Key for the MVP race, the game was on national TV and was a huge matchup, so my guess is watched by many a NBA fan or MVP race voter.
    That was huge. 2 wins on the road against the other favorites in the East. 3 of the final 6 games also on national TV.

Also, Denver is currently 6th in the West while Philly lost @ Detroit and is now 4th in the East. Things can change over the last week, but how often has a MVP been awarded to a player on a team that finished that low?

I think Giannis has a legit chance if the Bucks claim the #1 spot in the East.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-01-2022 at 11:27 AM.